Author Topic: TatWitt Two  (Read 21183 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Paragon
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
Re: TatWitt Two
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I've been reading through this thread... and trying to figure out how you found the patience to create these beautiful patterns.
I'm learning to tat myself, though I'll be grateful if I can get two loops to stick together.
I'll eventually get there though... just as soon as I can finish editing (and re-editing, and re-rediting) my presentation, read about 500 pages of reference material and figure out just what the heck causes Blackfan-Diamond syndrome.... But I'll get there for sure!

It is good to see that I'm not the only one who loves to create from thread... You give me heart!

Warm regards,
Arti.
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

witt

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2007, 06:47 AM »
Thanks, Rach. I appreciate that they had kept it. I think that she knows that "It takes time to tat."

Soft Words, I hope that you get the hang of it. Tatting is addictive! I wrote about that in my book TatWitt: What I Learned When I Learned to Tat. One of my sayings is, "If it don't slide, you ain't tattin' " Keep that in mind when you pull a ring. I don't know if I mentioned it to you, but I do have an e-book (PDF) that teaches you how to do the "flip" and it has about 15 easy, original designs to tat.
Here's one, after you learn a thing or two, that you can make.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 06:04 PM »
witt,
How goes the tat lately?   :artist

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 06:15 PM »
any new creations, witt?

witt

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 08:21 AM »
I see that you've asked me this twice. Sorry, I didn't catch it.

As a matter of fact I do have some new things.
This bookmark was created for a friend who didn't know how to tat chains. Someone saw it a few weeks ago and wanted one. I had a heck of a time reading my own instructions. I need to rewrite them so that it won't be so confusing.
2724-0

This is a new Christmas design for 2007, "Shining Star."
2726-1

Thanks for asking.

You can click on the picture to make it larger.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I LOVE the star.  Cool.

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Me too
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

witt

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Thanks, guys. My hubby helped me design the star.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22 PM »
Witt:
You should hire him as co-designer!  haha.

Offline hcscable

• Xanadu...Part Duex
  • Paragon
  • ...Love Is Just A Four Letter Word...
    • Xanadu
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Really beautiful work. I have mastered just about every kind of needle work. BUT NOT TATTING. I just threw me for a.....loop!
"Painting is poetry and poetry is painting with the gift of speech"...Simonides {556 B.C.-468 B.C.}

witt

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 06:28 AM »
He doesn't know anything about tatting, but he knows what he likes, to paraphrase the old saying.

Thanks, hcscable. I know what you mean. I have tried to teach many the art of tatting, but when they don't get the concept, they give up. My old motto used to be, If it don't slide, you ain't tatting. That's the trick--to tie the knots correctly so that they will slide, not knots that knot.
(Oh, and I liked the pun!!)

witt

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2007, 08:48 AM »
Someone asked me to make "Brenda's Bookmark" in pink. I went in search of a soft pink, not the garish that I usually find. This was a different brand and much more delicate. It was so silken that I could barely feel it in my hands. Here's how it turned out.

2744-0

Remember to click on the image to see it in a larger size.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Oh, I love that, Witt!  You go girl!  That is beautiful just like all the other pieces you have posted here.

witt

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2007, 06:34 AM »
Thanks, Rach. I started a butterfly with that thread. I was curious to see how it looks. It might make a pretty baby's bookmark if I could figure out how to do it.