Author Topic: TatWitt Two  (Read 21414 times)

Offline paulygrl

• Willows
Re: TatWitt Two
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 06:07 PM »
your work is exquisite, takes much practice and patience, but worth it, I'm sure. Lovely! :dblu

:rose
the paulygrl

A gambler is nothing but a man who makes his living out of hope.
~ William Bolitho

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Witt, this piece is absolutely exquisite!  I love the pieces I have that you did for me.  I love the snowflakes and bookmarks.    Each piece is an absolute treasure to me.  And I also love both of your books. 

Keep on tatting!  ~hugggs~

elise
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

witt

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16 AM »
This is my latest creation. The Easter Flower Cross. It's a lot bigger than most of my bookmarks. The cross is 7 inches long.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 02:06 PM »
witt, your Easter cross is beautiful!!  Do you have patterns to work from, or make your own? 

My Great-Grandmother used to crochet crosses.  I have 2 from her that I will always treasure.  A blue one that used to belong to my Mother (which I keep in my Bible) and a white one that she made when my first child was born.

I can imagine that your fingers would be pretty sore by the time you finish tatting an item (especially one as large as the first one you posted here) ... but worth it for such beautiful heirlooms.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

witt

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 06:03 AM »
I do both. I create some and I use some. This one I revised from an old pattern that I had seen in an old book.
My fingers used to get sore when I first started tatting, but I don't have that problem anymore.
This cross, to me, would be a wonderful Future Heirloom. (That's the name of my creations. Future Heirlooms.)

Offline Artemis

• Never Again
  • Paragon
  • you are the hunted
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 01:51 PM »
witt hey chick!  thats mighty fine needle weavin ya got there, i love those bookmarks i think i want one, they sure beat the unpaid bills i use to keep a page or i jsut fold the darn paper up! haha hope you keep posting your work its beautiful, you know i tried knitting once, i loved it but you should have seen  the mess i was making lol a pink scarf that would have gotten anyone a cold with all the holes in it.

:hearts
“Verse is not written, it is bled; Out of the poet's abstract head. Words drip the poem on the page; Out of his grief, delight and rage.”-paul engle-

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Witt,

I've been studying your lovely work and trying to figure out how to do it... without success.
I've been crocheting for over... well... I'll just say it... for over 45 yrs (ouch!). I use cotton yarn (string). So, tatting is right up my alley. I'll have to look on the internet to get some direction!

Your work is beautiful!

Cookie
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

witt

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 12:13 PM »
Thank you! I have an ebook. I forget what it's priced, but if you'd like it, I could find out. It has instructions and about 14 or 15 of my easy, beginner patterns. Let me know if you're interested.

Offline Soft Words

• Paragon
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I love the work you've put up here. I love creating things too, and I'm currently learning to tat. Someday, I will succeed in figuring out the loops.  :tongue

I'm currently more into embroidery. I do crochet and knit as well - though I'm badly outta practice knitting. As soon as I finish making the dress I'm currently working on, i'm planning to sit down and properly learn to tat. :)

Sunshine and bubbling brooks,
Arti.
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 06:36 PM »
I would also be interested in your ebook, Witt .... I know we can buy instruction books at the craft stores, but I'd rather support my fellow splash artist(s).
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

witt

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 12:13 PM »
Here is the cover of Tattin' on the Porch. There are 7 pages of instructions (showing my own little hands) and 15 patterns.

Offline BuffySlayFan

• Chain of Command - It's the chain I beat you with until you know I am in command.
  • Alley Cat
  • BuffySlayFan
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 12:42 PM »
 :coffee I would very much like to purchase your e-book. Please let me know how you would like to receive payment and the price of your book. I am very excited!!
When you can't run anymore, you crawl, and when you can't do that you find someone to carrry you..... - The Message

witt

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Thank you very much, daisy and little miss buffy. I will contact you off the boards.

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
    • poetry
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 06:01 PM »
Witt,

These are just lovely.  :rose