Author Topic: A beautiful girl called Paulygrl...  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Paragon
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
A beautiful girl called Paulygrl...
« on: February 25, 2007, 02:23 PM »
[float=left]481-0[/float]Meet our lady of the week, Paulette Weaver a.k.a. Paulygrl. She is a published writer of poetry and prose, numerous chapbooks and a memoir. She also loves to wrote biographies, short stories, and authors a weekly newspaper column. She is about to launch her first novel, Desert Bones, a fictional murder mystery set in the desert of the southwest. She is also a freelance research consultant. She lives in the foothills of the beautiful Las Vegas desert.

Soft Words: What brought you to SplashHall?
Paulygrl: I found Splash quite by accident, perusing the web looking for a worthy forum to show my work.

.Soft Words What keeps you here?
Paulygrl:I am back after a long hiatus (my husband just passed away), and I wanted to return because of the first class manner and decorum that this forum is conducted, the talented artists within, and the comradarie that I have found.

Soft Words: Which are your favorite forum(s)?
Paulygrl:Gee, my fav forums? well, there are so many, but for the sake of brevity I would have to say the main ones are the erotic forum, (my fav) general, nature, love lost, the dark forum, and I love the short story forum as well. And I also love to peruse the Splashhall store. (love to shop)

Soft Words: Who are your favorite Splashers?
Paulygrl:I have met so many wonderful people here as well as talented: witt, allen, seraph, wordweaver, Lady Sunshine, Word Faery, Oiseau, bittersweet and of course Rg, such a gentleman. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Soft Words: When did you start writing?
Paulygrl:I began writing about 35 years ago. Yes, I am an old veteran at this. (I'll be 64 in May)

Soft Words:  I notice you avoid the Ax… any reasons? Or am I wrong?
Paulygrl: I don't avoid the Ax...it's just that after writing for so many years, I don't require anyones "approval or applause." (taken from one of my poems) I just love to share my work with others in kind.

Soft Words:  Favorite authors/poets (outside Splash)?
Paulygrl: Favorite authors: Frost, Gibran, Rumi, Plath, Whitman, Hemingway, oh so many to list

Soft Words:  Do you prefer structured verse or free verse? Why?
Paulygrl: I have no choice as to whether I like to read or write structured or free verse. Either appeals to me.

Soft Words:  How much do you let poetry rule your life?
Paulygrl: Poetry and writing in general does not rule my life; it is a part of it, just like breathing. I just have to do it.

Soft Words:  What are your other interests, hobbies and passions?
Paulygrl: other interests, hobbies? well I am a health nut; I power walk every morning 4 miles, (about a 9 minute mile, which is darn good for an old broad like me) I live a healthy life style, laugh a lot, and try to keep a good attitude, the best thing when you are at the top of the hill looking down. I also dabble in watercolor and acrylic painting and photography. And I love to read novels and listen to music.

Soft Words:  If you could change the world, would you do it with poetry or religion? Why?
Paulygrl: Changing the world? ummm, well I think the written or spoken word is quite powerful and if delivered with conviction and purpose, it can do wonders.

Soft Words:  Any suggestions you might have for Rg to improve on your Splashing experience?
Paulygrl: no immediate suggestions to Rg, love the forum(s) immensely

Soft Words:  Anything special you'd like to say to everyone here?
Paulygrl: I appreciate those here that have embraced me and my work and I intend to return the favor in kind
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline LucyLuu

• ~Poetry in Motion~
  • Paragon
  • ~Never Give Up On Your Dreams~
Re: A beautiful girl called Paulygrl...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Hi  Paulette,

It's so nice to put a face with your comments!  I usually try and get a visual of someone by their comments and I have to say that based on your comments I found you to be fun and free spirited of course..but for some reason I had you pictured as being in your 20's or 30's lol... I guess it's all that healthy living you're doing and the youthful spirit that comes across.  Your interview is very impressive and interesting..

It's so nice to learn more about you and hope to bump in to you in the halls again.  A big {{{Splash}}} welcome back~~

Denise   :rose

PS.. Great Job.. Soft Words.... Hope all is well at school...    :sunny
Love like you've never been hurt and Dance like nobody's watching!

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank

Offline Wordweaver

• Paragon
  • RM
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Paulette,  Look at you in all your elegance!  No wonder that cat is smirking at me.
I enjoy your writing tremendously, and it enhances my testosterone levels.
There is no doubt you are indeed a Warp-10 chick complete with a modern day comb.
Just remember I am a friend that will always be around, so you can pick me up when I fall down.
Weave
a good poet is like a bride
Something old, something new, something borrowed
but mostly you.

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 06:45 PM »
A beautiful lady!    Your writing is superb, and its awesome to get to know you better.
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:26 PM »
As one of my first Splash friends, I am very happy to see you back.  I remember how well you were liked before your hiatus.

With the new boards up and going, and the great improvements that we have already seen, and that are in the works; I can’t tell you how happy I am that you are here with us to share in it.

I can’t wait for your new book to come out, I quite like murder mysteries.  Please keep us informed.

:rose :rose :rose (Unfortunately, not the real ones this time!)
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline jack lindus

• jack lindus
  • Paragon
  • the river
    • /
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36 AM »

Good morning paulygrl

i had just taken a mouthful of hot tea
when I read the opening lines of feast of seduction
needles to say
i choked on the tea   and very nearly drowned

of late
i have been moving slow
so I thought to read up on your work
i am now forewarned
no tea when I read

i like the ease of thought
that carries through into your writing
i like your writing

many beautiful images
i was struck by the line

the horizon on the curve of my back arches
to meet the dawn,

put me in mind
of that very eastern love affair
night and dawn

certain words
good words over time
acquire certain superficiality when used causally
like charmed

i say this
because I wish to use the word in its exact context

a physical sensation which transforms
and ones asks oneself what is this I feel and the answer is
i have been charmed
it is a magical sensation

well any case your work the images and indeed the interview
have created a charmed affair  for me

by the way
i have assumed  that the cat
is not wearing ball room gloves

Warm regards jack
shoot

Offline paulygrl

• Willows
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:01 PM »
hi denise, it's so nice to meet you; thanks for your kind words, and yes, aging is truly an attitude; how one thinks, so they be.

I look forward to reading your work.

hugs,
pauly :rose
the paulygrl

A gambler is nothing but a man who makes his living out of hope.
~ William Bolitho

Offline Bittersweet

• Paragon
  • Live. Love. Write.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 03:10 PM »
It's so good to see you back here at Splash Paulette.  You look so beautiful in the picture, along with your cat.  I really do admire your style of writing.  It's intriguing and unique to say the least.  Hope that you will stay for a while.   :rose

Offline xanadu_poet

• Top Cat
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Good to read about you, Paulette

:rose

Christian

witt

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 06:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing with us about your personal life. Power walk 4 miles? I'm lucky if I can stumble into the kitchen for a piece of chocolate cake.

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Cat in a Hat
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 08:33 AM »
Hello Pauly ..yes ..it is good to see you back ..your creative and talent resonates up and down these halls ..perhaps we'll have the store up and running to help with the launch of your new novel..

and though i havent commented yet, i have been enjoying your forum "Essence of Paulygrl "

{{{SplasH}}} {{{SplasH}}}

namaste!

Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline paulygrl

• Willows
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:08 PM »
WOW, you guys, I am humbled by your awesome comments and warmth! :cheekiss I have been trying to comment here for 2 days, but the boards have been so slow, and most times I couldn't post a thing. I hope this one goes through. ???

Anyway, thank you all so much for the welcome back. Much has changed for me since I was here last, but I shall make the best of things and move on, happy that I am amongst so many caring souls.

I am anxious to continue to read and comment on all of your talented works, as I humbly thank you all for reading mine. ( I just wish the boards would speed up)  ;D

hugs and blessings,
pauly :rose
the paulygrl

A gambler is nothing but a man who makes his living out of hope.
~ William Bolitho

Offline WordFaery

• Paragon
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Paulette,

I'm so glad you're back.

Hugs!

Marge
"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame."      W.B. Yeats

Word Faery

Offline Lady SunShine

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • Awaken Dreamer
    • http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/ladysunshine/Sunshine'World.html
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Hey ya Girl so glad to see you back on the boards again
n i'm really sorry for your loss
have missed your spunky loveable charm
sending you 1,000 hugs
Never Let Yesterday's Pain