Author Topic: Haiku Pic Revival  (Read 26729 times)

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
Re: Haiku Pic Revival
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2007, 08:58 PM »
I know this is a late entry, but I just had to reply.  Hope nobody minds.

Deep within his eyes
she floats in the waves of blue
Together in love  :hearts

not at all Rach ..please ..make yourself at home ..revive any topic you like ..you can even start a new picture ..or start your own challenge

be creative! have fun!

:kool
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

witt

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 12:41 PM »
persimmon on black
glistening metal protects
only the body

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Witt,
I like yours.  Here's my new one:

She sits on a steed,
but her hero is her man
her heart in his hands.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Thanks, Rg.  I hadn't gotten to participate in the before, but it looked like fun.  So, I wanted to give it a try.

witt

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 09:25 AM »
I sure would love to revive this topic again. I can't believe that it has been over a year since we had pictures to write haiku by. Voo, you can always find such wonderful pictures, why don't you post one here for us to write about?

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Yes, I would love for someone to revive this board.  I hate to sound dumb, but could someone tell me how to insert a picture?  I have never done it.  Thanks in advance.

witt

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32 AM »
I'll explain it to you in a PM.

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 11:45 PM »
witt, I had completely forgotten about this topic! I'm very glad that you've dusted it off. Let's give it a go!

a wild spring flower
tangled in the undergrowth
lovely violet

Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
  • To know virtue, acquaint yourself with vice.
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03 AM »
embroidered too
on meadow’s kimono -
violets
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

witt

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 05:52 AM »
Thanks for the picture, Voo, and the haiku, too.

Mystic. This one is an A + keeper!

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 06:09 AM »
Thanks, Witt. It took about twenty minutes. I went through about six variations. I thought about submitting it to be published and 'almost' didn't post it. But, I ddin't want to wait six months if it didn't get chosen...so, here it is.  :tongue G.
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline EpylepticTrout

• Willows
  • Missed it by that much -Maxwell Smart
    • roadside savants
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I hate to interrupt this thread, but this haiku really got me. G., if you post a poim here you can no longer publish it? Have you thought about self publishing? I would line up for a book of your haiku. Perhaps you could even put together an anthology of Splash haiku.

Sorry for the questions. I know nothing about publishing poitry...or anything else.

Trout

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 01:11 PM »
First, let me say, thank you for the praise.
Oh no bother at all. And a good question is not an interruption. If we don't know, we ask. And so you have. So I shall attempt an answer, to the best of my ability.

1. If you post a poem here you can no longer publish it?

Perhaps Witt could assist me, or correct me, if am erroneous in my answering of this one. She is more knowledgeable about such things. But, it has been my experience so far, that most publishers only want to publish works previously deemed unpublished. Therefore, for many, posting on a public forum constitutes a published work and they will not accept it. I did get one of my haiku published, which, thereafter, as the rights revert to the author I could post here...so long as I acknowledged the periodical or website on which it was first released. It was an online anthology, so I simply posted the link. It (the link) should still be present in the Today section of Splash. I’ll P.M. you the link.

2. Have you thought about self-publishing?

I have discussed self publishing with other members here, and sadly, at this point, for me at least, it is cost prohibitive. But it is something I keep in the back of my mind. I can assure you, O Scaled One of Multi Hues, as you will be first in line (If  ever it becomes possible for me to do so.) yours will be the first autographed copy. G.

witt

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Let me see if I can explain this. Most publishers don't consider poems on a poetry forum as being "published." Poetry forums are just considered as workshopping. They are perfectly acceptable. There are a few, and very few, that will state that you cannot use a poem if it was in a poetry forum, but that is very unlikely. I saw one, one time.

I told Mystic that D-N P would probably publish him for the printing cost, but he says he can't afford that. I say "Save Up!" His work is worthy!