Author Topic: Sweet & Short Quotes  (Read 206370 times)

witt

Re: Sweet & Short Quotes
« Reply #2058 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57 AM »
persto et praesto=to stand firm and to stand first

Well, you really got me on this one! I like it. I'll have to tuck this one away.

By the way, welcome to SplashHall. I've really enjoyed your haiku tags. We hope to see you around here often.

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
  • To know virtue, acquaint yourself with vice.
« Reply #2059 on: August 27, 2008, 04:19 PM »
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. -- Arthur C. Clarke    :blusmoke
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #2060 on: August 28, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. ~Groucho Marx   :tongue
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline thecheese

• Alley Cat
« Reply #2061 on: August 28, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs.
  - Christopher Hampton

Offline Walker

• Alley Cat
« Reply #2062 on: August 29, 2008, 12:57 AM »
thanks! I am having lots of fun with the haiku tag, however I seem to always get stuck on the river one....

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #2063 on: August 29, 2008, 05:36 AM »
Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything. -- Sydney Smith

witt

« Reply #2064 on: August 29, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Walker, I know what you mean. I get stuck myself sometimes! Don't give up.

Offline carrie

• Top Cat
« Reply #2065 on: September 02, 2008, 06:43 PM »
This isn't really a famous quote or anything like that...its just something a friend of mine said while discussing her relationship with her boyfriend.  I had to laugh when she said it but it really is so true when ya think about it.   I'm sure we all can relate to it tho.

Being a dickhead (or insert your own word there) doesn't make me love him more.   

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #2066 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Strangely, for some women, that does actually make them love you more. The worse you treat 'em.  Ignore them, don't call...et cetera. I do my best to steer clear of those types. I find they not only come with issues, they tend to carry lifetime subscriptiions.  :blusmoke

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #2067 on: September 03, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Lessons, once learned, are meant to be taught.  :blusmoke

witt

« Reply #2068 on: September 03, 2008, 02:31 PM »
I bowed down to the powers that be and they kicked me right in the teeth!
~Witt's Witticisms

Offline carrie

• Top Cat
« Reply #2069 on: September 03, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Strangely, for some women, that does actually make them love you more. The worse you treat 'em.  Ignore them, don't call...et cetera. I do my best to steer clear of those types. I find they not only come with issues, they tend to carry lifetime subscriptiions.  :blusmoke

LOL yeah it sounds like they would have issues if they love someone that would treat you that way.  ???     Doesn't sound like love if they have no time for you and ignore you all the time and treat you badly.   I guess love means different things to different people huh?  lol 

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
« Reply #2070 on: September 04, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Love, it is what it is, and sometimes what it's not...often what it's not is found more quickly than truth.  :blusmoke

witt

« Reply #2071 on: September 05, 2008, 12:45 PM »
Courage is always an option.