Author Topic: "Beauty of May" flash poem  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
"Beauty of May" flash poem
« on: June 13, 2006, 05:05 PM »

takes a bit to load.
when it loads completely, hit refresh so the music is in sync with the pictures.

Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline BeauBlue

• Tin Pan Cat
    • http://www.cruziocafe.com
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:59 AM »
This is nice enough. It would be nicer, I think, if you canned Floyd for an instumental behind a vocal of the words that appear.  It would be nice too to either put a stop at the end or put controls in the flash to 'start/stop/pause' it. But that's just me ... my opinion only.

-blue
<<>><><>
"You mean .. there are lines?" --Beau Blue <><<>><>

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:34 AM »
Cookie, Absolutely magnificent.  I really liked this.  I happen to be a fan of Pink Floyd and really liked the whole affect.  I would not however attempt to be so presumptuous as to comment whether Floyd was perfect for the piece or not, because I clearly do not possess the expertise to determine this.  Although, I did like it.

It would be really great if you, Blue, LS, RG and others could get together and learn from each other.  Either way, I just love seeing what you guys create.

Keep it coming!!!!
 ':sun'  ':sun'  ':sun'
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 03:02 AM »
Thanks, Allen, for your kind words. I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd also. I tend to use music that has special meaning for me. Maybe I should think of my audiences reaction instead.....or not...

BeauBlue, I'm very new at this artform. I don't have the confidence yet to do spoken word. I don't think this forum comes equipped with start, stop and pause.... good idea tho.
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 01:04 PM »
including player controls may be included when we update the boards software, something that been a long time coming. We are experimenting with different software now. I suppose Beau is most referring to a stop button, yes?

so i ask you, are you still hearing the movie after you leave this page?

':bnik'
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline BeauBlue

• Tin Pan Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Quote (cafeRg @ June 22 2006, 6:04am)
including player controls may be included when we update the boards software, something that been a long time coming. We are experimenting with different software now. I suppose Beau is most referring to a stop button, yes?

so i ask you, are you still hearing the movie after you leave this page?

The sound does stop after I leave the page. But the vid repeats and repeats, over and over. To my way of thinking that is not the way a vid should work. It should play once and stop. It should offer some means of restarting it if the audience of one wants to see it again. It should also offer some way of pausing. The most basic of these controls are the right click menu on the flash vid itself.

Now the right mouse click control that allows a user to check and uncheck 'play' on this vid of voodoo's doesn't respond correctly to unchecking 'play'. That's why I mentioned it. It may be just a difference of opinion on how a vid should be presented and work or it may be a switch setting in the tool Voodoo Child uses to generate the flash that is set NOT to put a 'stop at end' command into the piece.

I'm not completely certain, but I believe there are public domain flash control layers that are available that are easily integrated into existing flash vids. I'll check that out over the next couple days ... I may be remembering some other program and transposing its features to flash. Or maybe someone here knows for certain.

-blue
<<>><><>

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:58 PM »
interesting .. please do let us know if you find something ..thanks beaublue

Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline BeauBlue

• Tin Pan Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Quote (cafeRg @ June 22 2006, 10:58am)
interesting .. please do let us know if you find something ..thanks beaublue

To whom it concerns - this is what I've learned.

The Public Domain contols internal to Flash 8 are in a 'skins' subdirectory of the program install directory. for example - C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Skins .. there is also a skinFLA subdirectory of that configuration subdirectory. So, I suppose they'd be easiest to modify. There are more than 20 control configurations in four families.

In SwishVid 1.0, which I believe is part of the SwishMAX product, there are contols in a 'controls' subdirectory of the install. They are: Bubblegum Purple, Futuristic Pink, Glass, Gray Matter, Industrial, Minimalist, Modern Brushed, Ultra Minimalist, Wired Metallic. These have a 'dat' file extension and I haven't yet learned how to add custom dat files to the directory or how to modify one of those dat files or make a new dat file the tool will read. If someone knows or learns how to do so in the near future, please tell me.

If one constructz their vids as avi files and then convert to flash swf, as I do, the two processes are fairly easy. In Flash 8 - import the avi to the library (not to the stage) and a wizard presents itself and eventually asks which 'control' you'd like to utilize. Easy. In Swishvid 1.0 there's a dropdown 'controls' selection list and a check box for 'stop at end' in the 'Output' tabbed section.

That's what I found out while searching the two install directories and nosing around swishzone and macromedia websites. I've executed both procedures and both work.

-blue
<<>><><>

Offline Lady SunShine

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • Awaken Dreamer
    • http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/ladysunshine/Sunshine'World.html
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 08:49 PM »
u can stop the music in your swish but its hard to get the timeing right
I have been looking for a player....so you can turn them off n on...........the only one I have have found so far you have to pay for it............and its too expensive for my blood right now

Never Let Yesterday's Pain
Ruin Tomorrow's Dreams

Offline dapharoah69

• Cool Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Quote (Allen @ June 13 2006, 10:34pm)
Cookie, Absolutely magnificent.  I really liked this.  I happen to be a fan of Pink Floyd and really liked the whole affect.  I would not however attempt to be so presumptuous as to comment whether Floyd was perfect for the piece or not, because I clearly do not possess the expertise to determine this.  Although, I did like it.

It would be really great if you, Blue, LS, RG and others could get together and learn from each other.  Either way, I just love seeing what you guys create.

Keep it coming!!!!
 ':sun'  ':sun'  ':sun'

I agree with Allen, this is really nice.
Trimaxxpublishers.com poet of the month three times and rising erotic author in hopes of being recognized and published.

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Pharoah, thanks for listening to this flash poem! It's a bit old and I'm glad you've given it new life!
For some reason, the music is out of sync with the visual! I wonder how that happened?!
Cookie...