Author Topic: The lost muse  (Read 2063 times)

Offline ShiningSea

• Cool Cat
The lost muse
« on: December 31, 2002, 03:05 AM »
i am just not sure about the "jaws" and fairwell you spanish ladies part..  what does that mean?  why do you relate the two?

Offline windspirit

• Paragon
  • Walker of the winds
The lost muse
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 03:15 AM »
Robert Shaw sang that song when he and Richard Dreyfus were boarding the orca. It was after he  saw the shark cage and said " you go in the cage?" "yeah" "The cage goes in the water?" "yeah"  " The shark is in the water?" "Yeah"  
(half smile snicker) and he sings  

"Farewell and adieu you fair spanish ladies, Farewell and adieu you ladies of spain, for we have recieved our orders, and we sail back to Boston and never will we see you again"

a votre service Madamoiselle.

Bryan

You cannot change the winds of fate.
You can only adjust your sails.
To discover new frontiers
First you must lose sight of the shore.

Offline windspirit

• Paragon
  • Walker of the winds
The lost muse
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 02:19 AM »
From time to time it seems that all writers feel they have lost thier muse. Where did it go? well I think no one can really answer where it went but maybe you can relay what you do to bring it back.

Myself when I have lost my muse wach a movie. Oh it can be any movie of my liking and I try to write about the emotions and feelings in that movie ot I read a book and write about that.

My list of a few movies to get you poetic and romantic( If that is the type of writing you do) muse back are.

The quiet man.... excellent John Wayne
Untamed heart.... Marissa Tomei and Christian Slater
Auntie mame ... Rosalind Russel
Phenmenon.... John travolta
The mask of Zorro .... Catherine Zeta Jones and that guy who married Melanie Griffith.
The Magnificent 7.... It as it all
The great escape.... Just magnificent
A walk in the clouds... hey who would'nt want to dance in grapes
A bed of roses.... A little sappy but plenty of musing material
Sommersby .... hey they hang richard Gere so it can't be all bad.
Close encounters of the third kind
wonderment abounds
Jaws ..... "farewell and adieu you fair spanish ladies"

Ok some of these can be considered "chick flicks" but hey when you don't have your muse you'll do anything to find it.

Bryan wishing you happy musing.
You cannot change the winds of fate.
You can only adjust your sails.
To discover new frontiers
First you must lose sight of the shore.

Offline Angela

• Top Cat
  • Incognito Reject
The lost muse
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2003, 01:56 AM »
Muse, what the heck is that? Hmmm, cant say I have ever had a muse or a good one at that.

But I do get inspired by listening to music or sometimes reading. One writer I am inspired by is Dean R Koontz(you have to be there)

I listen to New Age or some classical music(makes me a loser I guess)

Other music Creed, 3 Doors Down, Enigma, Enya, Sarah Maclaclan(sp)Delerium, Secret Garden, Yanni, and lots of other misc.
You wont cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isnt something missing?
Isnt someone missing me?

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
The lost muse
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 07:07 PM »
The muse really lives within us -- it is what or who inspires us.  Some people equate their muse to be a person, but I think it's your feelings and how you relate to that person.  If they're really good at bringing out the "best in us" and/or our talent -- they are considered the muse.

Soft music -- a walk in the park -- some quiet time -- reading some verses written by others -- those will usually help me.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird