Author Topic: Today  (Read 236606 times)

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
Re: Today
« Reply #2576 on: August 16, 2019, 10:28 PM »

Hi Bittersweet, good to find you've been to visit. Look forward to more of them.  :)
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2577 on: August 18, 2019, 12:55 AM »
Hello everybody ... so nice to see some returned peeps ... welcome home!!! 
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Bittersweet

• Paragon
  • My heart is a haunted house
« Reply #2578 on: August 18, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Thank you Halo and Daisy.  It's great to be back!   :comfort

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2579 on: August 20, 2019, 12:42 PM »

Hey cy, good to see you. :)
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline marsbar007

• More Then An Angel
  • Alley Cat
    • The Poetry Hunt Chat
« Reply #2580 on: August 29, 2019, 01:21 AM »
Hi everyone I am marsbar007 aka ouijigirl. I use to be in the poetrycafe, and miss everyone. I really miss reading my poems in the room also. Hope everyone is doing well. I am on my 14 book being published since the poetry cafe closed. That is a long time I also miss the real poetry get togethers we use to have once a year.
Love is a quote with no words, stupidity is a quote with many.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2581 on: August 30, 2019, 12:10 AM »
Hey Marsbar .... good to see you!!  I miss the old Poetry Cafe, and the whole VP experience.  It seems the older I get the less time I have to participate in much online activity.  Congrats on the books ... when you get a chance give us some info on titles and where we can get them.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2582 on: August 30, 2019, 12:17 AM »
Here we are again in the face of a major hurricane.  All of our members in Dorian's path, please be safe.  I happen to be one of them.  The storm is forecast, as of this evening, to hit the east coast of Florida.   I'm about 50 miles inland.  We will get winds and rain.  As a mom, I worry about my "children" ... although they're all grown.  I have 3 that are also in this path.  Please say a little prayer for minimal destruction and no losses as the storm continues on the mission that Mother Nature has assigned.
~ Marsha ~

Offline marsbar007

• More Then An Angel
  • Alley Cat
    • The Poetry Hunt Chat
« Reply #2583 on: August 30, 2019, 01:08 AM »
Hey Marsbar .... good to see you!!  I miss the old Poetry Cafe, and the whole VP experience.  It seems the older I get the less time I have to participate in much online activity.  Congrats on the books ... when you get a chance give us some info on titles and where we can get them.

Hi Daisy hope all is well in the storm for you, and your family. You can read the beginning of some of my books on amazon under the name Marlene Thornton I never have time to promote as I work 7 days a week. Time is something not many of us have anymore.
Love is a quote with no words, stupidity is a quote with many.

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2584 on: August 31, 2019, 02:52 AM »
How's it going in that hurricane, daisy? I hope you're safe!  :hearts

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2585 on: August 31, 2019, 11:17 PM »
We are praying for the hurricane to turn.   We should know what it's going to do by tomorrow or Monday.  If it doesn't turn then it could come in almost on top of us as a category 4.  We will be finished with prepping tomorrow,  then it's a waiting game.  Say a prayer please.  I'll check in when I can.   :hearts
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2586 on: September 03, 2019, 09:36 AM »
How's it going, daisy? Everyone okay?  :rose

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2587 on: September 04, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Hey Halo ... all is good here!! Hurricane Dorian was a horrible menace ... and thank God it missed us totally.  I am usually not that concerned, but this one was barreling at us at a category 5 and we're only about 50 miles from the coast.  It stalled over Grand Bahama Island, and oh my goodness they were almost flattened.  While grateful on this end, my heart hurts for them.  The videos are heartbreaking.  Thanks for checking up on me!!!
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2588 on: September 10, 2019, 01:59 AM »
Happy Birthday Halo ... hope you have a great day!!!  *party*
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2589 on: September 11, 2019, 12:38 AM »
Thanks daisy, I did have a wonderful day  :sweetkiss  and I'm relieved to hear you were spared the devastation of that hurricane. What a horrible mess
for those that felt the full force of it.