Author Topic: Today  (Read 223314 times)

Offline Allen

• Paragon
Re: Today
« Reply #2520 on: June 16, 2018, 10:29 AM »
I am so very sorry for your loss, Marsha.  As a way of processing the loss of my parents, I for the first time, wrote poems, and that's how I found SplashHall.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2521 on: June 16, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Is jeff sessions doing anything new by using the Bible to pimp his version of Christianity?

https://trib.al/2fooTkC
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2522 on: June 17, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Thank you A-Friend ... and Allen.  I haven't had much time alone lately, and I write better when I'm alone with quiet surroundings.  Just know that no matter how long I'm gone, or what I write when here, I am grateful for my Poetry family.  After all these years, Tin Roof Alley, is the best!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2523 on: June 27, 2018, 03:59 AM »
 :hearts
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2524 on: June 28, 2018, 06:03 AM »

Mid winter and it's cold, air straight from the Antarctic.

damp chill
reaches right into the bones
while the sun shines

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2525 on: July 21, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Heat index over 100, a/c runs day and night, and it's only  July.  At this rate I can't wait for winter! 
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2526 on: August 09, 2018, 08:43 PM »
hey, we're back … and I apologize for the down-time.  My email server was blocking all of the emails from our Hosting site and I ended up being locked out.  Many thanks to Rg for coming to my rescue and helping me get the links and password changed.  At first glance the site looks ok.  If you find anything that looks odd, let me know so I can look into it.  So, lets write and share … what's up?
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2527 on: August 10, 2018, 04:24 AM »
hey, we're back … and I apologize for the down-time.  My email server was blocking all of the emails from our Hosting site and I ended up being locked out.  Many thanks to Rg for coming to my rescue and helping me get the links and password changed.  At first glance the site looks ok.  If you find anything that looks odd, let me know so I can look into it.  So, lets write and share … what's up?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Marsha!  :kisslady  :hearts  :rose

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2528 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11 PM »
ok, now let's do some writing, and promoting … please invite your friends, send emails to our members that you miss.  I'll be doing some purging of really old topics (not your poetry), and trying to breathe some new life into our Alley.  It is what we make it, right???!!!

Love you All ….  :hearts
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2529 on: August 18, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Happy Saturday everybody!!  I've been doing something lately that I think is interesting.  Once a poem gets pushed down by new ones being added, they don't get the attention that they may still need.  To bring some of them back up without searching you can scroll to the bottom of the boards and click on the area of who's online.  Google and web spiders are constantly looking at posts, some new, some old.  Click on the link and have fun reading some of the older stuff.  I just read a poem that Merlin wrote back in 2008, with a long line of replies between Merlin and Bill.  Merlin is another of our great poets that walked the Alley with us.  He passed away many years ago, but he was wonderful.  Enjoy your day, and if you have some spare time share a poem or two, or read and comment.  You're always home at the Alley, no matter how long you've been gone. 
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2530 on: August 31, 2018, 07:55 AM »

Occasionally I read what the bots and spiders are reading.  :tongue and I have been known to bump the piece whether it's older than 30 days or not.
I think we have the most amazing archives of poetry and it's fun to resurrect them.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2531 on: September 03, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Happy Labor Day ... have a great, safe day!
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2532 on: September 04, 2018, 07:09 AM »

Happy Holiday, America and the Alley  :sunny

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2533 on: September 08, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Man-oh-Man .... anyone who says Florida is the best place to be in summer has never been here through hurricane season!  Four systems out there.  One of them worries me.  I know a lot of other places get hit bad, and we get missed a lot, but dang, this is nerve-wracking ... for all those who pray,  please pray that they all turn and do no harm in their path!
~ Marsha ~