Author Topic: Today  (Read 217796 times)

Offline Allen

• Paragon
Re: Today
« Reply #2520 on: June 16, 2018, 10:29 AM »
I am so very sorry for your loss, Marsha.  As a way of processing the loss of my parents, I for the first time, wrote poems, and that's how I found SplashHall.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2521 on: June 16, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Is jeff sessions doing anything new by using the Bible to pimp his version of Christianity?

https://trib.al/2fooTkC
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2522 on: June 17, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Thank you A-Friend ... and Allen.  I haven't had much time alone lately, and I write better when I'm alone with quiet surroundings.  Just know that no matter how long I'm gone, or what I write when here, I am grateful for my Poetry family.  After all these years, Tin Roof Alley, is the best!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2523 on: June 27, 2018, 03:59 AM »
 :hearts
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2524 on: June 28, 2018, 06:03 AM »

Mid winter and it's cold, air straight from the Antarctic.

damp chill
reaches right into the bones
while the sun shines

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen