Author Topic: Today  (Read 218985 times)

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
Re: Today
« Reply #2506 on: April 05, 2018, 08:36 PM »

Hi elise, good to read you! Life can be very overwhelming at times, big hug sis!  *hug*
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2507 on: April 25, 2018, 05:05 PM »
Great to see you Elise and Halo ... I am also happy to see some activity here, but every time I think there might be some breathing room, something else happens.  I had surgery in February for a deviated septum and blocked tear duct (all is well there).  April is a blur ... My Mom fell 3 times, broke her hip, had surgery, ended up with thrush, went to rehab, and then had to have emergency surgery for bowel obstruction.  When she recovers enough She'll go back to rehab to get up and walking again.  Hoping May brings good  things!!!  Stay well and love each other, you never know when life is going to throw you a curve ball!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2508 on: April 27, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Dear daisy, so many things happening in your life, it must feel a overwhelming. Hope it smoothes out so you get to come and play here for some R & R.
Your poor mom has had a time of it too, all the best to her for whole recovery  :comfort
Miss you!!!!!
B
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2509 on: May 14, 2018, 08:08 AM »
I write poetry in my head, but it dissipates as my mind churns with thoughts of my mom, and life in general.  Each day brings more health issues, and more poems that never make it to pen and paper, or fingers to keyboard.  I'm wondering if I'll get to take her home, and how much I seem to be aging along with her.  Poetry in motion,  heading in the opposite direction, to places that jumble in my head.   Some day, these thoughts will make it to paper, but not today.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2510 on: May 14, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Hope everyone had a good mother's day.  Any poems, or special thoughts you'd like to share?
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2511 on: May 15, 2018, 04:19 AM »

through their stages
overcoming tempers and moods
unconditional love

I had a simple and love filled Mother's Day, the best kind. daisy, elise, WordFaery, and all our mums, how was your Mother's Day?

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2512 on: May 19, 2018, 10:20 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful day Halo!  My Mother's Day was mixed.  My children were all there for me with love and support.   We were there for each other as we spent the day in the hospital with my mother. 
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2513 on: May 21, 2018, 12:25 AM »

Such a sad time to see your mom ill, thank God you have family around you all to help ease your distress.
From experience, I know it's possible to lean on the Lord and be comforted. Praying for you, daisy.

B xxx

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2514 on: June 01, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Sadness and mourning,  yet eternal loving and relief.  My mother passed away on Tuesday, May 30th.  She was just 5 dsys away from making it to 85.   God's blessings were bestowed on us to have her for all of those precious years.  Love your parents while you can.  They will be gone before you can blink.  RIP Charlotte Franklin (06/04/33 - 05/30/18).  Broken hearted daisy here.
~ Marsha ~

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #2515 on: June 01, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Oh Marsha, so sorry for the loss of your mother.  May your wonderful memories sustain you as you grieve.  May our Lord hold you close and comfort you and your family.  Feel my love and caring Marsha.  Thank you for allowing your poetry familÿ to hold you close in our hearts at this time.  Prayers of comfort sweet friend.
 :rose :rose :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2516 on: June 03, 2018, 12:26 AM »

Dear Marsha, so sorry for your loss! It is most definitely true, 'time does heal', allowing your memories to be more pain free as you go on.
God bless you and your family. Much love, B xxx

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2517 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Thank you dear elise and halo ... today we had a Celebration of Life for my mom.  It was a beautiful service, and everybody at the church was wonderful.  I know Mom is safe in heaven and our Lord has taken her pain away.  Sometime soon maybe I'll be able to write about her journey to heaven.  Thanks again for the wonderful words of support.  I love you guys  :comfort
~ Marsha ~

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2518 on: June 10, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Hugssss back. I’m not as active due to my circumstances, but I still get in a post or two. And still enjoy it.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2519 on: June 10, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Ohhh man. On reading backwards I see you lost your mom.
My deepest condolences. Take comfort in Rev. 21: 3&4
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.