Author Topic: Today  (Read 198758 times)

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
Re: Today
« Reply #2492 on: November 15, 2017, 10:00 PM »
Since the day is a traditional day off, I take advantage of it for family gatherings. Once I was made aware of the true nature and historical context of it I don't celebrate or recognize it as a holiday.

Taking every opportunity to enjoy good food, we tend to cook whatever comes to mind. Of course one has to be practice and take advantage of the sale items common for this time of year. The turkey in particular. We usually have fresh garden greens this time of year as it comes in before first frost, so that's always good.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2493 on: November 22, 2017, 08:18 AM »
We used to cook fresh pole beans every Thanksgiving ... can't get good ones down here anymore.  They are thin and the pods aren't full.  I used to start an argument (for fun) with my dad ... I would tell him that it didn't matter, all green beans taste the same ... he, of course, strongly disagreed.   I might as well have told him that a fish is a fish, they all taste the same.  I know they don't, but it was fun to rile him up!  I sure do miss him though.  Thanksgiving isn't the same without him.

So, tomorrow, and every day, be thankful and grateful for who is in our lives and for the blessings we have received.   Love you all ... happy Thanksgiving!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2494 on: December 20, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Here we are ... it's Christmas already!!!  Not much activity here in the Alley lately.  It's understandable though ... the holidays and work ... year-end stuff.  I probably won't be back here until just before ringing in the New Year .... so my wish to all is to have a wonderful, happy, and safe Christmas, or Hannaka, or Quanza, or just a happy Holiday.  However you celebrate ... please enjoy, and come back in 2018 with fiery,  or soft melodious poetry to share with your fellow Alleycats ... peace and love to all!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2495 on: December 25, 2017, 04:26 AM »

Merry Christmas Alley Cats. May your Christmas be filled with love and peace and the new year be kind to you.

Love,
Halo

Psst daisy, elise, weave and a-friend, big hug to you all.  :hearts
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2496 on: December 31, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Happy New Year ... be safe!
~ Marsha ~

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #2497 on: December 31, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Happy New Year my dear friends!  I love you ALL!  May 2018 bring us all Peace and Prosperity!
 *party*
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2498 on: January 01, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Happy ALL year folks. Good to hear from you.

Still mad dad love for my daughter Elise.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2499 on: February 14, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Love the "Happy ALL Year"
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2500 on: February 15, 2018, 01:41 AM »
Daisssssssy, hiya  :hearts

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
A little late, but it's the heart that counts.  :kisslady
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen