Author Topic: Today  (Read 193476 times)

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
Re: Today
« Reply #2464 on: August 02, 2017, 09:21 PM »
I was just thinking about the ones we've lost (that we know about) ... several years ago we lost Merlin, then Sartor, and now Mystic.  There is a Facebook group for VP peeps.  Some still chat and now and then people come in with 'sad news' of friends that have passed away.  There was a time when a lot of us chatted on VP.  We did poetry readings there nightly (daily to those on the other side of the world).  The bonds/friends we make online are sometimes better than people we see everyday face-to-face.  I hope to see Alley peeps for many years to come.

~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2465 on: August 13, 2017, 10:34 AM »
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Alleycats ..... today is starting out well ... the birds are singing, and loving the new bird feeder I put out on the front porch.  The squirrels are running and playing through the trees.  We have a pair of cardinals that land on the sills of our bedroom and office windows.  They peck on the windows and then look around to see what's going on - then they fly around to the bird feeder and grab a bite of seed.  They seem to have become our alarm clock.  We have a stray kitty that I couldn't resist feeding, and she stays on the front porch.  Nature is beautiful and peaceful.  Hope you're all having/had a good day.  I truly believe we are blessed!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Wordweaver

• Paragon
  • RM
« Reply #2466 on: August 21, 2017, 01:37 PM »

Well hello miss Daisy,

I did not know about Sartor or Mystic passing on that makes me really sad and feeling a bit guilty
as I was not as attentive to them as I should have been.  I did not know there was a facebook
page but I never use that anyway.  I loved what you wrote about the  birds and nature as you have
always been attached to that very closely.

I started doing audio poetry and most of my work was recorded by this lady with the most wonderful
voice and they sound so good.  I now attend Karaoke on Saturday nights and do my own audio readings
and occasionally sing too.  If you recall that poem I wrote "When dance halls give up their dead",  well
it was used by Sacramento State University for teaching purposes for a semester and that was such an
honor as I was the only unknown to ever be granted that.  I will stop in from time to time and check up
with you.

So happy to hear from you again and tell everyone I said hello.   Weave
Weave
a good poet is like a bride
Something old, something new, something borrowed
but mostly you.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2467 on: August 27, 2017, 02:54 PM »
Hey Weave ... It's good to be here and good to see you, too!  You have really branched out, and it sounds very fulfilling. 

The nature side of me is in heaven right now.  We bought a place in the country with 5 acres.  Civilization isn't too far away though,  I still have to work, and well life is full.  My muse is toying with me.  She works when I'm not ready for her to ... and when I think I'm ready, she isn't.

I have to get back at it .... but will be back later.

What's everybody else been up to lately
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2468 on: August 27, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Please say a prayer for everybody in Texas, and anyone in the path of Harvey
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2469 on: September 01, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Another hurricane coming our way ... hoping it turns northward and goes out to sea ... go away Irma!!!
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2470 on: September 01, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Wishing everybody a safe, happy Labor Day weekend! 
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2471 on: September 02, 2017, 09:42 PM »

It's Father's Day in Australia today. Is it in the USA?

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #2472 on: September 03, 2017, 04:52 AM »
OUr Fathers Day is in June, B. MondAy is our LaboR Day so we have a Long weekend.  Happy Fathers Day to all men down under!
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2473 on: September 04, 2017, 01:01 AM »

Thanks e, from all Aussie dads  :sunny

Hope your Labour Day brought you all some relaxation. How's hurricane Irma, I haven't heard anything about it here in Oz?
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2474 on: September 04, 2017, 09:47 PM »
Happy Fathers day to all the Aussie dads!!!  Hurricane Irma looks like It's coming straight to Florida.  I'm already nervous about it.  If it doesn't turn it will hit us as a strong category 4 or 5.  It also could go between Cuba and FL and end up in the Gulf.  Either way, not good... praying that Irma turns and goes out to sea!!!
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2475 on: September 04, 2017, 10:48 PM »

I pray Irma, turns around or runs out of puff. You don't need more of that!  *hug*

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #2476 on: September 05, 2017, 12:52 AM »
We sure don't B!  It's mind-boggling!
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2477 on: September 05, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Definitely mind boggling... a/o 2:00 pm, EST, Irma is a Category 5 (185 mph maximum sustained winds)!!!
~ Marsha ~