Author Topic: Today  (Read 87698 times)

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
  • To know virtue, aquaint yourself with vice.
Re: Today
« Reply #2170 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Well, it finally rained a little yesterday. Ya'll know what that means here in Texas?

2 Live Jews - Oy' It's So Humid

:tongue
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline My Nemesis

• Cool Cat
« Reply #2171 on: August 26, 2012, 08:04 AM »
Love the video.  Glad to hear it rained.  Are you going to get any of that tropical storm that is brewing down in that part of the world? 

I am on vacation next week, taking the grandson camping for a few days.  I think it will be a lot of fun for us. I was suppose to be off for 7 days, now only off for 5. We were already short staffed and now have one person off sick, so I am working next weekend. It is hard to say no to time and a half.

See you in September. 
Before speaking, consider whether it is an improvement upon silence.... ~ Swami Kripalvanadaji

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2172 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Isaac is causing some havoc - we are thankful it's finally out of Florida, but praying for those in New Orleans, and wherever else it's heading.  Hurricane now, hopefully land will weaken it.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

witt

« Reply #2173 on: August 29, 2012, 04:13 PM »

We have been praying for all who are in the path of the hurricane. We went through Hugo all those many years ago and it's still fresh in our minds.
May all be safe.

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2174 on: September 08, 2012, 12:24 AM »
elise, missed your visit, miss you! :( always think of sunflowers when I see you've been in the alley.
daisy... let us know you're okay after that hurricane. Miss you too!

It's Spring in Australia, beautiful flowers and totally unpredictable weather in Melbourne...I adore Spring.  :sunny
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline My Nemesis

• Cool Cat
« Reply #2175 on: September 08, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Seotember brings life back to a routine that falls apart once summer arrives.  I don't know why that is, I don't have young kids in school - no one but me here.  My daughter and grandson are both back to school though, and I think that has something to do with it. 

I have just come through a week of nothing but work.  We were very short staffed and I have worked 7 days straight - worked an average of 9 hours each day - today I am volunteering at an event called To Ingersoll With Love, and it is raining.  Fortunately my part in all this in inside a store.   Everything is free, there is a carnival for the kids, a spa for people to get a shoulder massage, nails done, hair washed and a simple cut, lots of free products and coupons to give away, and tonight there is a pork roast dinner with a couple of bands. 

Tomorrow I think I am going to a Scentsy Party - smelly things for the home.   My daughter uses their products and some of them smell great.  A friend of hers is a sales rep for the company.

Monday it is back to work.   

Have a great weekend.   

Before speaking, consider whether it is an improvement upon silence.... ~ Swami Kripalvanadaji

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2176 on: September 08, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Hi My Nemesis, You're being overworked, hope the boss pays you well! Your weekend activities sound like fun, hope you're enjoy yourself. :)
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline My Nemesis

• Cool Cat
« Reply #2177 on: September 08, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Yeah Halo, they have been.  We were very short staffed due to one staff being off sick for a couple of weeks and they didn't hire enough summer staff for us this year.  Plus there are some people that just won't do any little bit extra.   I didn't have any plans for last weekend, but when I said i would work, I made it clear it would be time and a half as I was giving up my vacation time.  They agreed, basically because if they didn't there would have been no one to work - which would have meant management filling the shifts.  That would have been a disaster all round.

I am back home to walk the dogs the off to a pork roast dinner.  I am not staying for the concert - I want some down time where I don't have to be nice to anyone.  It was fun today, but boy - some people.  The premise behind today was doing good for others - for no reason other than just because.  Everything today was free - there were people giving free haircuts, manicures, massages, yard work, minor repairs, visiting the nursing homes, one guy (happens to the mayor) was going to the different nursing homes and singing for the residents, one coffee shop gave out free coffee all day.  I was at the store.   This was a hair salon that closed for the day so we could use their space  - everything in the store had been donated, and there was a good selection  - makeup, food, diapers, books, videos, puzzles, coupons for local businesses, bath and body products, candles, jewellery, and all of it free.  Some people would come in fill a bag, leave, come back a half an hour later and do it all again.  I wanted to say something, but the whole premise of the day was to give to people---so we were discouraged from saying anything.  But some people need to be given a smack up the side of the head and reminded that they need to think of others.
The weather was nicer than expected - the rain did stop before things got underway and it has cleared up now and the sun is out.  It is windy - but sunny.  That was good for the people who were working outside. 

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2178 on: September 09, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Sounds like a fulfilling, yet exhausting weekend Nemisis.  Those few hours of downtime are much deserved!

Hope everybody has a great week ... I can feel my muse churning up some thoughts - can't wait for the dry spell to be over!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2179 on: September 09, 2012, 08:36 PM »
... and laughing, finally took the time to watch the video that G posted, Oy it's so Humid -- lol, too funny!!
~ Marsha ~

Offline My Nemesis

• Cool Cat
« Reply #2180 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02 AM »
Daisy it was a lot of fun.  The dinner on Saturday was great, but I really did need to just be by myself for a few hours.  Actuallly, those few hours turned into the rest of the weekend. LOL  I didn't go anywhere Sunday.  I had planned on going to a Scentsy party and smelling all kinds of great room scents. But I woke up with the beginnings of a sinus headache, and figured that would not be a good idea. So, instead I took the dogs out for a couple of walks and watched a good movie on Queen Elizabeth I.  It was just what I needed - this morning I feel a whole lot better both physically and emotionally. 

Have a great week. 

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2181 on: September 16, 2012, 10:16 AM »
morning all, big  *hug*'s...it's so quiet in here I've been playing Haiku tag with myself.  :tongue

witt

« Reply #2182 on: September 16, 2012, 02:15 PM »

Well, there's still "peace" tag, "flower" tag, "color" tag, and the new haiku game that hasn't been touched.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2183 on: September 17, 2012, 06:31 PM »
oooo haiku, heading over there now to see what's new
~ Marsha ~