Author Topic: Today  (Read 225566 times)

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
Re: Today
« Reply #2548 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Hi Halo ... it turned and missed us completely.  Thanking God for that, but sad for those who were in the path.  It hit very hard.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2549 on: November 12, 2018, 07:09 AM »
We are gearing up for the holidays.  They already have Christmas music playing on a few of the seriusxm radio stations.  I'm waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to listen.  Take care all, and enjoy your day!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2550 on: November 16, 2018, 06:10 AM »

It's the same here, daisy. Christmas trees and baubles in shops and I heard carols in a shop this week. Hope everyone is well? :)
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2551 on: November 20, 2018, 06:50 AM »
All is good here.  Thanksgiving is only 2 days away and I've been finding old recipes and adding a couple new ones.  I have acquired my mother's recipe book that she used throughout my entire life (copywrite was in 1952). The book is a bit older than I am.  Anyway, I always loved this cookbook, so I'll have to search for some new/old recipes to use between now and Christmas.   

If you're celebrating Thanksgiving, please be safe and enjoy, be thankful, reflect on what you have, not what you wish you had.  If you have God, family, a roof over your head, and food to eat, you have all you need.  Love you all. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2552 on: November 23, 2018, 07:31 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving daisy, to you and yours. How lovely to have sweet memories of your mom and have her recipes to
carry on the traditions. Love B

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  :rose
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #2553 on: November 27, 2018, 03:46 PM »

It's a beautiful, sunny morning here in Melbourne.  Perfect for working with a bunch of 10 year olds. :sunny