Author Topic: time slipped through my fingers  (Read 168 times)

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
time slipped through my fingers
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:49 AM »
my emotions ache
memories
vivid
sweet
regrettable
coming to life
but I can’t recall every
single day that’s passed
too many mixed up
in the jumble of time
asleep in the nuclei
of myself.

I can't seem to get time and memories out of my head. I'm often contemplating how fast life goes by and how we can't account for everyday of our lives, perhaps we don't have enough memory to hold it all.
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
Re: time slipped through my fingers
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Of course I don't know the type of memories you're churning and returning, but I fully understand the concept and wish you comfort and peace within.  I do like the poem.  Although your mind doesn't stop, it's how we're wired, and how we sort things out.  These tough times, with memories mold us into who we are.  It seems we never stop reinventing, or "finding ourselves" ... just don't stop being who you are, because you're wonderful!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
Re: slipped through my fingers
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05:21 AM »
I think it's my age, daisy. Reflecting on life, my life, our life and all that entails. Anyways it all is what it is and I give thanks for every minute of it.

However, you know when something isn't quite right? Well my piece of poetry here isn't quite right. As I woke up this morning I was
writing a change for this piece in my head.  :tongue

my emotions ache
memories
vivid
sweet
regrettable
come to life
but the days
the days I can’t grasp
or open up to examine
are too many
too mixed up
in the jumble of time
asleep in the nuclei
of myself.

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
Re: time slipped through my fingers
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Maybe if we remembered everything about our lives (daily events, thoughts, dreams) ... well I think our minds would explode.  I think it's all stored in there, we just don't know how to recall it.   Another thought is that if we remembered everything, we'd never escape the past.  I like your rewrite, less cluttered, straight forward.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird