Author Topic: 2016  (Read 519 times)

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:46 PM »
2016 was declared a year to remember ... it has certainly been memorable.  Since January my oldest son was in the hospital, my mother was in 3 times (they kept her for over a week twice - 3rd time was ER only and released).  My brother (who lives out of state) was in the hospital twice (thought we were going to lose him).  My daughter-in-law was in for an outpatient procedure to remove a cyst inside her ovary that was the size of a small cantaloupe.  The surgery was successful.  My oldest brother (who was living with my mom for the last 5 years) has been in several hospitals in the last month, and is now in hospice, with only days left (or hours, or minutes, depending on when God says his time is up).

In January, my husband and I started the process of buying a house.  It's been a nightmare, with HUD as the owner, and a lender that wasn't cooperative, and circumstances that I won't go into that kept us from going some place else.  The house we were renting was sold and we moved into my mom's.  It was offered to us, but we didn't want to buy in a neighborhood that we weren't really happy with.  Have to love mom's you know, they are there when you need them (at least my mom has been).  Who would've thought that we would be moving back home at 59?  Well, today ... just today, we were finally able to sign papers - for the house we wanted, in the neighborhood we love ... the house is ours (and the bank's, of course). 

What should've been an exciting, happy experience, was a nightmare.  Add in all the hospitals, and now hospice ... well, 2016 is definitely a year to remember.  I declare it ... cheers and hugs to all who have had good times, or stressfull times. Better times are coming.  Keep the faith ... a little hope (and perseverance) will bring you to where you need to be.

Anyone who prays, and reads this ... pray for a calm, pain free passage to heaven for my brother (many thanks to anyone who does).
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
Re: 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 07:56 AM »
September 17, 1952 --July 14, 2016, RIP Gary Franklin, my big brother
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:17 PM »
My deepest sympathy Marsha. There are no right words to say in times like these.
I hope you can find comfort in this promise.
Rev.21:3&4
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Thank you Earl ... and yes, those are 2 very comforting verses. 
~ Marsha ~