Author Topic: Wedding Bells  (Read 754 times)

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
Wedding Bells
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Happy Lady here ..... check out the blog that our photographer made with a very small sampling of pictures she took June 23rd ... yes, the bride is really me and the groom, well he makes me incredibly happy  :comfort  I'll post a few more soon.

http://moxishotsphotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/love-birds.html
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
Re: Wedding Bells
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:55 AM »
Congratulations!!! May the two of you share many happy years.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53 PM »
thank you :-)  God willing - we will!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17 AM »
July 23rd?  A year ago?   Either way....BIG HUGE CONGRATS to you Marsha sis!  Love you and wish you all the very best always!!!!!
 :hearts
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 08:39 PM »
hey elise, thanks sis -- and no, it's June 23rd 2012 --- just a few days ago ... that's what I get for trying to multitask -- I'm going back into the post and fixing it.

*dance*  :dblu
~ Marsha ~

Offline Wordweaver

• Paragon
  • RM
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Congratulations Daisy,  The bouquet of hearts will always be with your romantic soul
and keep you wrapped in serenity and comfort. 
Weave
a good poet is like a bride
Something old, something new, something borrowed
but mostly you.

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 04:01 PM »
thanks Weave, that's really sweet ... and always good to see you back in the Alley!
~ Marsha ~

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 10:16 PM »

Terry & Me (of course)                                                                                                                 3 generations - my daughter (Stephanie), Me, and my Mom

Stephanie, Me, Terry, Rob (Terry's Son)                                                                                          Rob, Terry, Kyle & Eric (my sons), Marty (Steph's boyfriend)

Rob & Terry                                                                                                                                Kyle, Mom, and Eric
~ Marsha ~

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 04:22 AM »
Delightful photos, daisy... everyone looks so happy.  :rose

love your dress and what dainty feet you appear to have in your pretty shoes.
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32 AM »
Nice pics. Always remember the joy of that day. When things get a little stressful or you have that little tiff we all are prone to have, remember these smiles. Don't ever allow dullness to cover the brightness of these smiles. It may seem to be such a small thing in the scheme of things, but have you noticed usually its the small things that bring us so much joy in life?
The rose, the note, the small coin you gave to the person in line in front of you who just didn't have quite enough for that purchase.

A two thread string is strong, but a three thread string is stronger still. Keep God in your marraige as the third thread. After all it was Him that instituted marraige, so He knows how to make it successful.
Hebrews 13:4-6 gives us solid direction. Amoung other things, the mention of keeping honor is secondary only to recgonizing God as our helper in verse 5 & 6. Hold tight to that and enjoy God's gift to you.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Cat in a Hat
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:34 PM »

awesome pictures and happy couple.

but where's the picture of your garter  *hehe*

Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Daisy, so gorgeous. You sure were a beautiful bride.

Much, much happiness to you. I love the shoes, btw. :wine

Offline daisyxo

• Cat in a Hat
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and the great advice ...

Halo:  Had to show the shoes (and yes, my feet aren't big by any means).  I have to admit though, they didn't stay on very long.  I made it though the ceremony and through most of the after pictures.  I went through the entire reception looking mighty short - but so much more comfortable!  The dress --- I had no intentions of getting a real bridal gown --- I looked everywhere for just a very pretty evening dress.  I ended up in a bridal store, and after the prodding from my daughter (the young lady in the dark blue dress), and after I tried that one on, I felt it was perfect.  So I ordered it in ivory (it looks white in the pictures, but it isn't) --- and I fell in love with the beading on it.  Anyway, before I knew it, it was in my closet waiting for our special day.  I may have to write a poem about that.

Earl:  My husband and I walk with God and hold Him very close in our hearts -- and He is ever present in our marriage.  Our Sunday School class is all newly married couples with the lessons geared specifically for helping marriages work.  You know I smile a LOT these days - and you are so right - the smiles and happy times are something we will work on keeping.

Rg:  Yes, there was/is a garter --- pictures, well, hhmmm guess I forgot to post those   *rofl*

Kay:  Thank you, very sweet of you ...... I probably won't wear those shoes again, because the heels are so high - but they were oh, so pretty!
~ Marsha ~