Author Topic: The aging process. Beginning. Middle. End.  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Cheshire Cat

• Cool Cat
  • The cheese stands alone
The aging process. Beginning. Middle. End.
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:15 PM »
The older I get, and the older everyone around me gets
the more I find myself dwelling the more and more on
death.  The notion of missing.  The notion of the withering.
The stark reality of decay, those who you've looked to all your life
young and vigorous and in healthy bloom
now the fading shadows of their former selves.

And while one might think of it always shatteringly sad
it almost sometimes is wistful and yet a comfort
a comfort to witness them carrying carrying on.

I draw comfort from the likes of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Robert Plant...all of us all of us aging in the best ways we can.  Cher, Tina Turner, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, well the list goes on.

I enjoy watching the aged population still making their contributions to this crazy life.

I draw comfort.  But then I get sad when I think of them gone, as it must certainly happen to all.  Yes, we'll still have their music, but there will then be that ache...

of missing.

And loved ones, who have been with us in our day ones and our forever afters.  How can I begin to touch on that!

So you, out there in Tin Roof Alley, share your thoughts on this thing, this looming thing called...

DEATH.

( Neil Diamond singing Hell Yeah
Neil Diamond - Hell Yeah - Hot August Night NYC 2008 - Legendas BR
)
"I stood unwound beneath the skies
And clouds unbound by laws
The cryin' rain like a trumpet sang
And asked for no applause" Bob Dylan

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
Re: The aging process. Beginning. Middle. End.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 03:50 PM »
To understand death
we need to understand life
to understand life, not as we live it,
but its connection to the universe
and our connection, even if we don't want it,
to each other

after all we came into this realm the same way
and we all leave this realm the same way

a contimuum of spirals and threads

imagine traveling to the edge of the known universe as this video describes

Journey to the Edge of the Universe

So maybe life is connected to death
and death to life, if you believe in afterlife.

caterpillars turn into butterflies and in return
butterflies lay eggs that turn into caterpillars

The metamorphosis of life - eternal life

as i walk the valley of death I fear not
for truth is real and evil is the delusion

Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline My Nemesis

• Cool Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:12 PM »
It has only been in the last couple of years that I have realized just how old I am.  Not sure why that happened now, but I have come to realize that the gray hair and the slowing down is not going away.  I used to have boundless energy.  I work shifts, and nights never fazed me, now I feel every one of them, and suffer aches and pains while on nights that I don't feel at other times.  I need my sleep now, and instead of being able to go on 5-6 hours no problem, I need 8 for sure or I do not function well. 

I like to think that I will accept my death when it is time, but I have a feeling instead when death stares me in the face I will kick him in the nuts and run as fast as I can the other way --- which isn't very fast any more.   *rofl* 
Before speaking, consider whether it is an improvement upon silence.... ~ Swami Kripalvanadaji

Offline Cheshire Cat

• Cool Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:03 PM »
Thanks, Rg, I enjoyed that little vid.  Ahhhhh the wonders of space.  Ahhhhh the wonder of our little blue planet, so seemingly unique.  And we too, the human condition, how wondrous is that.
In all the great beyond here we sit, our knowledge so wee in the grand scheme in the grand picture.

Well, God is Light.  And with God one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day!  How cool is that.  I gather that time is no longer a robber that steals away our essence,
it becomes only being.

I believe.  And I'm thankful for that.  I believe death is but a step to some further beyond, eternity that knows no bounds but God.

I don't believe that evil is a delusion...there exists far too much cruelty for me to ever believe that.

Thanks for your reply, My Nemesis.  Yup, we're only slowing down a bit, and feeling more so those morning creakings and aches and pains.  Gotta stretch it out before we get our move on.  'Course
I'm reminded of the surfing 85 year old Grandma, who doesn't seem to be slowing down much at all!  Good on her!  Me, I'm feeling my years, but not all that much.  It is more so for me the seeing the
slowing down and aging of those I know and love, no long so vigorous, no long able to do with ease those things they've always done.

If I were to attempt to kick death in the nuts I'm pretty sure I'd throw my back out!  *hehe*  And yeah, you won't be running, you'll be hobbling away!  Good luck with that!  :kool

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:30 PM »

What I found interesting in the vid, was when you got to the edge of the universe (or perhaps beyond looking back), at least in my eccentric mind, I saw a figure. A Being? Alien? God? ..could it be god is the universe and we live in god?

:yinyang
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline Cheshire Cat

• Cool Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:08 PM »
You know, that's not such a far stretch.  I do believe we do live in God.  He is all around us and even within us, apparently we were created in His image, which I presume is light, the light within this earthly coil.
And perhaps Hell shall be not living within Him anymore.  Separated forever and all.  No more of His glorious  *star* light!

What you say is a cool kinda startling thought.  Reminds me of the movie Men in Black, where the earth is a marble in a game creatures are playing and we oblivious of all as we are batted about.  Thinking we're all that!  Which we are.
Apparently God delights in us!  Imagine that!  'Course we can be pretty displeasing too in our behaviors, our inhumanities to man and beast alike.