Author Topic: April 2012 IBPC Submissions  (Read 3120 times)

witt

April 2012 IBPC Submissions
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:23 AM »
April 2012 IBPC Poem Submissions
Interboard Poetry Competition

Please post your submission for the IBPC (Interboard Poetry Community) Competition. The IBPC is an international monthly poetry competition between to an elite group of poetry boards/forums around the world. Submissions will be accepted until April 30 at 8 p.m. est

Limit One Poem Per Poet.

By submitting your poem here, you give your consent for the Tin Roof Alley to submit your poem to the IBPC Competition. Click "Reply" to enter your poem.

When entering be sure to check out the current judge Here to get a feel for the type of poems they like. It will help you to create this month's poem. About every 3 months the judges change. They are usually publishers and editors of literature magazines on and off line.

IBPC competition regulations allow the submission of only one poem per poet, per monthly competition. This means that if you have entered a poem elsewhere, you may not enter it, or a different poem, here.  It causes confusion, extra work for the judges, and can delay the winning announcement.

Why don't you submit your poem in the Poetic AX for a little tweaking and polishing?

Offline Nikaya

• Caged cat
Re: April 2012 IBPC Submissions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:33 AM »
withdrawn
N

Offline Nikaya

• Caged cat
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39 AM »
http://www.tinroofalleypoets.org/poetry_boards/index.php/topic,16818.0.html

By Champagne_ Shoes ... a beautifully stunning and inventive write with as much bubble and fizz as her precious name implies.
A very sad saga that is so well written that it will/should move any critic to weep.

Offline champagne_shoes

• Paragon
  • Subterranean Hotel Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Oh, Nikaya,

Your energy blindsides me!
The authors have to enter themselves, and you will never catch me at that!

Once burnt, twice raw!

I wonder if Rg recalls the time when he prodded me to nominate– oh well

never
mind

water under the bridge.

wink*snap*snap.

I am certainly not in the league of Mo's Melons and at this stage of life
I choose never to compete.

mais tu es un
hombre sincero

I am smitten and disarmed
by your kindness, talent and charm
"A community of poets is like a community of cats." joey

Offline Nikaya

• Caged cat
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23 PM »
If I have so much talent, as you claim, then why do you belittle me/it by saying your poem's not of Mojave's poem standard when I have knowingly/purposely put them both head to head with each other in the very same monthly competition? I'd hate to be judge deciding between which one is better than the other...I give you the drum!
And I don't butter anyones bun for emotive nor financial advantage whatsoever ( Mr MO is well aware of that in regards to my IBPC, ermmm, encounters ... just ask him lol). I'd rather throw myself under a speeding freight train, or slash up with a piece of barbed wire than kiss bum for anything like poetic shysters seem too and certainly do nowadays ... pure fact! And I've had my fair share of slaps in gob (and a few weeping callouses) from pretty women encounters to prove it in that way also  hahahahaha  :sunny :apple

N

Your style is far too unique ( difference speaks of alien/unknown btw) to hide a jar/can and not be published IMVHO
But your call/wish is yours, and I don't force nor enforce anything!

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
    • poetry
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Birthmark

The light that photographs our lives
should be preserved.
Each day filled, and refilled.
Days when the sun turns
a basement window into a millefiori
when mother’s vase was shattered,
the eggplant bottom tangled in dahlias,
the dark stems bruised.
I've worn the thickness of light
around my shoulders,
it leaves no birthmark on any of us
folds itself into the last quiet hour of death.
I ask that it return as a blush,
warm inside to fill the eyes again.