Author Topic: Blue sky and Gray Mist  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Burk28

• Willows
  • There is truth in the spoken word of poetry
    • Nirvanasgate poetry
Blue sky and Gray Mist
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Love is the brilliant trumpet,
shattering the silence in me forever

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
Re: Blue sky and Gray Mist
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28 AM »

Hiya Burk, I think your linky thing is broken. :(
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Burk ..Facebook seems to be an acceptable site ..but I think you need to enable "Everyone" for viewing your vids in your FB privacy setting.

Give me your FB name, mine is Rg Papp, and we can see if FB friends can view..

:beatnik
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline BeauBlue

• Tin Pan Cat
    • http://www.cruziocafe.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:42 PM »
No video here.  Maybe it should be put up at you tube? -blue
<<>><><>
"You mean .. there are lines?" --Beau Blue <><<>><>

Offline Bill

• Paragon
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10 AM »
Burk...cafeRg...

This kind of post  is what discourages me.

You want us to see a video.  Embed it here, with no need to go to another site or join another site to view it.

I don't want this to be a link to  Facebook.  I don't want to join Facebook to have to see or read a T.R.A.P. member's poetry.

That's what I come here for, to Tin Roof Alley Poets.  If you're a member here, post here.  Or else provide a link that does not require anyone to have to sign up on another site to see it.

So, personal opinion, delete this post.  And if Burk28 wants us to see and hear his latest greatest creation, then he can recreate it so we can view it right here in the  Alley, or what's membership for?

Bill

Offline Burk28

• Willows
  • There is truth in the spoken word of poetry
    • Nirvanasgate poetry
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 06:00 PM »
so just under your signature you have all the social networking site icons, what are those for then ??? Sounds a bit totalitarion to me Bill
Love is the brilliant trumpet,
shattering the silence in me forever

Offline Bill

• Paragon
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Burk,

You're a funny guy.

First of all, let's address my ignorance.  I have never paid any attention to the icons below my signature.  I didn't know they represented social networking sites, because I don't belong to any.   Even though they do suggest hooking up to other sites,  it doesn't make any difference to me, or my point of view.  I didn't join SplashHall / TRAP so I could hook up with other sites.

And that is the point; this is a membership site.  I came here to be a member here.  And I expect that if someone who is a member here has a poem they want me to read or hear, they'll post it here.  If they post it somewhere else, that is their right.  I wouldn't want to stop that from happening. 

But I didn't come here to have to go somewhere else to read a member's poetry. I might visit some member's  own personal site, like the one Steve Meador owns, which I can access without a secret decoder ring.  But that's because he's a member here, and might not want to flood this site with all of his stuff.  In addition, his site is there to promote other writers, as well as his own writing.

But tripping over to Facebook, and signing in just to see a single poem of yours posted there.  Why?  Again, you could just as easily embed it here.

Oh, and about totalitarianism.  For me, that state occurs when someone pulls and points faster than I do. 

Regards,
Bill

Ps.  It should be, "So,"  (capital 'S' because it is the first word in the sentence) followed by a comma, (because it implies a circumstantial clause,) "just under your signature you have all the social networking site icons. (A period should follow "icons",  because it is the end of the sentence.)  (There should be a capital 'W' for "what" for the same reason given for the preceding capital "S.") "What are those for then?"  (I'll cut you slack for the sad face with the question marks above it.  Cute touch.)  "Sounds a bit totalitarian to me, (comma after "me," as my proper name at the end of the clause counts as formal address, and such is always set off from the rest of the sentence by a comma.)  Oh yeah, period after, "Bill."

When a person is under stress, due to an overemotional reaction to a direct challenge or confrontation, such mistakes are as common in speech as they are in writing.

Offline BeauBlue

• Tin Pan Cat
    • http://www.cruziocafe.com
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19 AM »
So, while all this chit-chat twixt Burk and Bill seems entertaining, it doesn't solve the problem of my not being able to watch the video that was posted a couple months ago without regard to whether the audience (in this case, me) would be able to enjoy it. What is the problem and what is it that the audience must do in order to view the damn thing?

-blue
<<>><><>
"You mean .. there are lines?" --Beau Blue <><<>><>

Offline Bill

• Paragon
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 07:44 PM »
BB,

Join FaceBook, and be sure to ask Burk for the secret decoder ring.

Bill