Author Topic: paranoid delusion  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Marsupial Man

• Paragon
    • Marsupial Man (minimal thought)
paranoid delusion
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:24 AM »
paranoid delusion

Offline Bill

• Paragon
Re: paranoid delusion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 02:26 AM »
Paul,

I listened to it twice.  And I'm thinking, could you, next time you post a audio-video poem, also include the text below the video.  Because I could swear that the text I saw on the screen and the words I heard were not exactly the same. I am interested in how the name of your "paramour" is spelled, and I'd like to see how it relates to the lines which precede and follow it. 

If the spoken word and the screen text is not the same, is that intentional?  Or am I just hard of hearing?  (As far as I am concerned, the latter is more likely.)

At any rate, the ending rings true.   

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Bill

Offline Marsupial Man

• Paragon
    • Marsupial Man (minimal thought)
Re: paranoid delusion
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:12 AM »
Hello Bill,

You're not hard of hearing. As I've become more comfortable with my new medium, (audio/visual/spoken word/whatever), I visually create words and/or sentences that aren't exactly what is spoken, but they are intimately related to the words spoken. Let's call it another layer of what I'm presenting. It's been an ongoing experiment. Personally, I love the potential of it; I hope that I'm doing well at it, but that certainly remains to be seen.

To quickly answer one of your questions: the ex-paramour is Oscar bin Laden. the reference is clearly Osama bin Laden.

Now I can continue.

As you know, because you know me on this site from way back when, I steal stuff from reality. The words in this piece were manipulated and tweaked from words spoken by someone who, in my professional opinion, suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. I had access to 10 minutes of her diatribe. There were moments that screamed poetry to me. I captured them. In my attempts to present her words, I included a visual presentation of my interpretation of her words.

So, to answer another question, I don't want to present the literal representation of the words spoken. I think that it's fun to present another level. I guess one could say that, "That's my thang now."

As I stated previously, this is all an experiment.

I'll keep sharing, because I've become quite excited by this new outlet.

I truly appreciate you responding, and I hope to hear more from you, because you have a keen ability to critique,

Paul