Author Topic: New Celtic Bookmark  (Read 666 times)

witt

New Celtic Bookmark
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:31 PM »
Would you believe that my scanner won't scan???

I can't take pics worth a hoot, but here it is.

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
Re: New Celtic Bookmark
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:27 PM »
It's beautiful!!!!   So I would love to order it to give for Christmas.   Can you also do it in colors below?
They are VERY Scottish...Whatever you think is best.   If you can do them---here is what I need.

4 Male---4 diff SOLID colors (in same family, so maybe 1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1 BLACK, 1 YELLOW
 1 female- BLUE  (she loves blue!)

I am including a picture of their Tartan so you can get a general idea of the shades
Let me know if you need money ahead of time!  The light color is gray, not white.  I wonder
if they make varigated thread with these colors?   hmmmmm...
Thanks!

I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:35 PM »

Beautiful tatting, witt.  :sunny
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

witt

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:21 AM »
GREAT!! I can't wait to get started!

Thanks, halo. Elise inspired the idea! She has always been my inspiration! Little did I know that she would inspire a tatted creation!!

witt

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Strange things are happening! I was uploading some pictures of flowers from my camera this morning. As I was going through them, I was surprised to see this scan of the bookmark. The scanner wasn't working, remember? Where did that come from? That was a surprise!!
Anyway, lucky me. My new scanner came in yesterday, and clever Daughter will be installing it for me today. Wish me luck with it.
Here's a better scan of the bookmark in white. This one was a trial prototype. I'm working on the colored one, which will be a little "new and improved."

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:04 AM »
it's gorgeous!!! love it!!!!
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson