Author Topic: A Winter Wonderland  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Marsupial Man

• Paragon
    • Marsupial Man (minimal thought)
A Winter Wonderland
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:45 AM »
A spoken word piece that I posted on Youtube.

A Winter Wonderland

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
Re: A Winter Wonderland
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Nice to hear you MM!!!  The picture is perfect for this piece...Although the title is ummmm....a bit misleading...(a bit?) LOL...

It made me wonder if us nurses are callous too.  I cry sometimes...when I see difficult things...but not til later.  At the time
I am going through whatever it is...I am into "the work" too much I guess.  We don't go into our jobs because we "love"
blood and guts.  For me, it was the opposite.  It was to HELP...as corny as it sounds.  To ease suffering.  What motivates
a police officer?  Is it the "game" of solving a crime?  The power?  I doubt you are "callous" but just in job mode.
 :rose

I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Marsupial Man

• Paragon
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:17 AM »
Thank you, Elise, for what you do. Nurses are so underrated. The horror of what you see on a continual basis amazes me; I know more than a few. I'm not callous, in a lot of ways. But, I deal with my life, as if I'm callous. It helps. A 3 month old death killed a lot of me. I've yet to really speak about it, until this. There is a lot of truth in my words; that puppy was adorable. The pain I feel is with the families that suffer. I love Snoopy. I hate suicide. What inspired me had nothing to do with that 3 month old, but then again...

PSM

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:25 AM »

I've listened to this a couple of times and I don't think you're callous. I do think you wear callousness
or some such protection and hell, I would be too. I hear that self protection in your voice.
What a job you do!

You take care of yourself too, Paul.

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Marsupial Man

• Paragon
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Thank you Halo for listening.

Take care of yourself,

Paul