Author Topic: Should I call myself the Prodigal?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
Should I call myself the Prodigal?
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:18 PM »
How long have I been away?
Oh let me count the days...

So with that bit of badly parodized Elizabeth Barrett Browning, I'll dip my toes in the puddle at the edge of this alley. My excuse is the same, except that I don't feel as guilty as I probably should. I have spent the past few months awed by the resilience of life and the living, seeing daily miracles. I had to choose between the reality of my daily miracles, and the world I was often escaping to. The lines were bold and black when I separated them, but now the lines are blurry.

I have been writing poetry, words mostly. But there is no epiphany for me to share, no twists on bloody tales. Mostly, I have been breathing deeply, reading, studying and learning how to live all over again. I love what I do, and most days are an affirmation of my vocation. There has been a lot of personal, cuts-too-deep events in my life that have knocked the wind out of my sails, and I needed time to heal. I chose to be functional IRL, hence the lack of excuses.  But I'm ready to take on new challenges, like time management... hahaha.

If anyone has suggestions on potential interviewees, please leave names below or PM me. For now, I'll leave you with something I've been working on.

You'll hate me for writing this, but...

if I hadn't asked for my miracles,
I could have used one for you.
To fix everything that is wrong,
keep you safe,
stopper the leaky valves and
buy you all the dark chocolate in the world.
I also want to fix the smile that hasn't changed
in twenty-eight years, since you were
the chubbiest, smiliest baby on the planet.
I'm driven to punch the living daylights out
of the depression that lays hold of your mind,
stifling all that you are, stealing your pleasures
that are simple and few.

Mostly, I just want to keep you here with me.

- Arti
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
Re: Should I call myself the Prodigal?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Arti - Sweet Doc  ..i think you mean "prodigy"

not prodigal --->
                                                                                       v
                                                                                       v
                                                                                       v
                                                                                       v
                                                                                       ---> ahhhh  :laugh: think about that one  :laugh:
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:20 AM »
Prodigal or Prodigy?  I tend to sway CafeRg's way on this. Weeeeeeelcome back!  :dblu

and why on earth would we hate you for your this poetical offering, is beyond me

I'm driven to punch the living daylights out
of the depression that lays hold of your mind,
stifling all that you are, stealing your pleasures
that are simple and few.

there's been a time or two I would have liked to beat to a pulp similar things beleaguering those
I love.

Really, really good to read you, Arti.
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

witt

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:20 AM »
Welcome back!

I think of you often, doing wonderful things!

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:51 AM »

You'll hate me for writing this, but...

duh...silly me, that's your title isn't it! looking around for an embarrassed smiley   :-[
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
    • poetry
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:19 AM »
Arti

It's nice to read from you again and you sound very cryptic. Daily miracles? I'd love to hear more and I love the poem you posted. I envy you for the enthusiasm in your voice at this stage in your life for it sounds awesome and ever-changing. That's great! There's so much living to do! Let's do it, right?

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Thank you all soo soooo much for the welcome back.

Rg, hahaha. Prodigy? Lucky would be more like it!

Berenice, yes that is my title, but no biggie. Glad you enjoyed the write.

Witt, :) always good to be missed. I don't know if I'm doing wonderful things, but I give it all I have.

Kay, hope you are well. "cryptic" is possibly one of my favorite words. I love what I do, it makes me want to get out of bed most mornings. Yes, I love life. Even if each day is too short for my liking, they all are a cohesive, memorable whole. I have to type up a lot of the poetry I've written. I'll write about teh daily miracles sometime, I always feel that it sounds too cheesy to write.

Sunshine and Hugs,
Arti.
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
    • poetry
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18 PM »
I really mean it when I say I'm interested. It will be something to look forward to. In the meantime, be well & continue to be so happy!

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Kay,

I will start posting them soon. Just let me go beat my inner editor into submission.

Dominatrix Me.  :poet