Author Topic: What's On Your Playlist?  (Read 41917 times)

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
Re: What's On Your Playlist?
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 09:50 PM »
LMAO you guys are crazy!!!  But fun!   Look at Rg pimpin us out Halo!  OMG...
Halo, that cat violinist is adorable!!!!   How fun!
 :wine
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Me thinks I've missed the mud wrestling contest. Oh well, such is life.
I just found this G. I'm into old school R&B, blues and old work/slave songs.  I did lose my soul brother card because they found out I like bluegrass. I got outed and lost all my stripes.

So tell me, what's your rules here?
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
  • To know virtue, acquaint yourself with vice.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 04:56 PM »
All rules are made to be broken...therefore, I have none. Whatever you're into, whatever you're listining to...it's what's on your playlist. I've been listening to a lot of Miles Davis myself lately. Just haven't taken the time to upload anything yet. G.

P.S. Without Bluegrass...where would the Blues be?
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline A-FRIEND

• Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 06:01 PM »
How about some Paul Robeson

Let My People Go - Paul Robeson
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline A-FRIEND

• Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Nobody Knows

Offline A-FRIEND

• Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Paul Robeson - When It's Sleepy Time Down South (1931)

Offline A-FRIEND

• Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Lord G I thought all was lost when Disney decided not to release the Song of the South. I was loking for something else and came across this treasure trove full of video clips. I'm putting up the link to the page so you can enjoy all the clips. For those of you that never saw the movie or heard the songs, wooo, listen to this.
 http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=walt+disney+song+of+the+south&aq=0

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 01:03 AM »
Those are some great songs, Earl. And thanks for the link too. I think I've found someone you may have never heard of....but I hope you'll enjoy. I have to admit I hadn't heard of him myself until a little over a year ago. But I now own four of his albums. (Thanks Halo, for the introduction) Here's a short biography:

Born: Aug 16, 1951 in New York, NY
Genres: Blues
Styles: Contemporary Blues, Folk-Blues, Modern Acoustic Blues, Modern Electric Blues
Instruments: Vocals, Guitar

Eric Bibb's music is a rich blend of the blues with elements of folk, country, gospel, and soul, thanks in part to his being the son of New York folk singer Leon Bibb, which afforded young Eric exposure to a wide variety of music and opportunities to meet performers like Pete Seeger and Bob Dylan. Bibb launched his career in Europe, performing at blues and folk festivals in London, Cambridge, and Dublin, sometimes with a full band and sometimes with slide guitarist Goran Wennerbrandt; he eventually settled permanently in Sweden, where he works as a music and voice teacher when not performing. Bibb's debut album, Good Stuff, was released in Europe in 1997 and the U.S. a year later; it was followed by Shakin' a Tailfeather in 1998, which featured producer Linda Tillery and a guest appearance by Taj Mahal. Home To Me arrived in 2000 and the enchanting Painting Signs followed the next summer.

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 01:04 AM »
Eric Bibb ' Angels Singing' (live)@The Basement

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 01:21 AM »

I love listening to this man, and watching him perform too.  You gonna post more of his stuff....puleeeeeeeeeea se  *clap*
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 01:42 AM »
Yes...yes I am. Look what I found, B. It's not the duet on the album but it's still worth a listen...

Eric Bibb - For You

I'm actually having a bit of trouble choosing which songs to post...he has such an amazing voice and diverse collection. I can't sing or play an instrument...I can only hold out hope that I can look as good as he does when I'm fifty-nine!  :tongue

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 01:50 AM »
If I Stayed - Eric Bibb and Kristina Olsen

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 02:09 AM »
Okay. Alright. Fine. One more and I'll stop...i promise. This one's for you, Earl:

Goodnight Irene - Eric Bibb

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 02:29 AM »
I fibbed...so sue me! I had to post this one...it's one of my favorites: :blusmoke

Eric Bibb - Saucer N' Cup