Author Topic: What's On Your Playlist?  (Read 13370 times)

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
  • To know virtue, aquaint yourself with vice.
What's On Your Playlist?
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Just as the title suggests, tell me what you're listening to at the moment. What are you into right now? What song, artist, group, or genre do you return to again and again?

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
Re: What's On Your Playlist?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:33 PM »
As with all things in my life, my taste in music is nothing if not eclectic. My favorite songs run the gamut of genres and styles. From AC/DC to ZZ Top and everything in-between. Rock, pop, jazz, blues, folk, country, soul, R&B, and Classical. But I have to say, if there is one song that sums me up. One song that I get stuck on. One that, in essence, is my theme song; it would have to be Van Morrison's Into The Mystic.

samantha dressage

Of course, that isn't to say it's my only 'favorite' but it certainly holds a special place in my heart.

I've shown you mine...Show me yours. 

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:57 AM »
Totally ECLECTIC for me too G. 

I love new country...but NOT a steady diet.  Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift,  Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, and have you heard Leann  Rimes version of "These Arms of Mine" omg sounds like Patsy Cline!   Some older artists too like George Strait...

also... Lady GaGa, Michael Buble, Pink, Josh Groban, Duffy, Daughtry, David Cook, Jack Johnson,
Amos Lee. Marc Antony, Enrique Iglesias, Leona Lewis, Rhianna, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Anders Osborne, and other trendy music.

Love KD Lange's version of "Hallelujah"

Love anything Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, John Fogerty, Joe Cocker, Creed, Lionel Richie, Mary J. Blige

I love zydeco and good blues.  I listen to classical and easy listening music when cleaning or veggin out.  Love flamenco guitar...or any guitar instrumental

I love the old Bee Gees...The Beatles...The groups Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys, The Eagles...

Some metal...

Gotta love ANYTHING "Mo-Town"

And MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!   

Can't wait to hear what everyone likes!  Great Van Morrison song G!

It's kind of a "mood" thing.  Have you heard Susan Boyle's version of Wild Horses? 
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Elise,

You'll see from the email I sent you why I jumped at the chance to host a music forum. You like classical guitar, huh? Me too. Have you ever heard the Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo? I'm sure, if you've heard it once (even if you don't recognize the name) you'll recognize the piece itself. I found this on Youtube, but because of that site's uh, dare I say ignorance? or perhaps a simple disregard for it's patrons; the piece is broken into three sections which actually makes the playing time much longer than the original 21:47. While there may be a bit of an overlap between the second and third movements due to editing, you have the entirety of the piece presented here in the following three videos.

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10 AM »
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo (I Mov.)

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo II-Adagio

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo (II end-III)

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Hi G, I found the youtube video clip for  Rogrigo's Adagio. It has the history of why it was written and the reason for the power that emanates from this piece...Love

RODRIGO - ADAGIO FROM CONCIERTO DE ARANJUEZ
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42 PM »
WOW, this is incredible G...and ty also Halo for that--it really makes one FEEL this piece even more!   Beautiful!  I MUST have this on my player!
Thanks so much!
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Mystic1

• Shoppe Keeper
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 05:56 PM »
You're quite welcome, Elise. And thank you, Halo, for that informative offering. I dug the name of this out of the record collection in my closet; hoping you might enjoy the piece. I hadn't heard it in years and was overjoyed I found it on Youtube. It's my favorite guitar composition.

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 06:06 PM »

It's my favorite too G. Hi elise glad you liked the music and history of it. I was very moved by the story of what went into this particular piece of music.

Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 01:44 AM »

:dj

Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn

:dj

sooooooo, what y'all listening to, huh?

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Rod Stewart.

My song gave me his collection of band tunes and it is just marvelous. Smokey---smooth--glorious sounds. But I like anything he does, always have. I first heard maggie mae in 1972 when I got off work and was driving home. I'll never forget the day or what I was wearing. That's strange, huh? I just remember turning that sucker up loud and I was an instant fan.

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Cat in a Hat
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Rod you say? welllllll.....

Lets Make Some Noise

ROD STEWART LIVE IN ARGENTINA 1989 - Maggie May

:wine :dblu
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.