Author Topic: YAYYYY, Allen  (Read 5439 times)

Offline Allen

• Paragon
Re: YAYYYY, Allen
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 02:25 AM »
Thank you so very much, everyone, for your comments.  I remember writing this for CafeRg's "Red Romance Dancing" Contest, so many eons ago.  I had never done anything like that; writing a poem specifically for a competition, or indeed, "on demand".....  I never knew when my muse would visit me.

http://www.splashhall.org/poetry_forums/index.php?topic=4028.0

I am so chuffed by the recognition:  It feels very good.

Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline dublinsteve

• Paragon
    • http://thedisgruntledwriter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Allen, I remember that contest well.  It was popular.  Congrats on giving it new life.   BTW, I have found that Gold Bond Powder works really well on the chuffing problem.  That is something you should take care of right away.   :wine

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Kudos Allen!  Well deserved!  :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Thank you so much Steve.  I appreciate your taking the effort to reach out.  Congratulations to you too, on your second place standing in the competition, and, also to you in your new (relatively) board.  I spent some time their recently, and wish you the very best of luck with it.  It seems like you have a nice group of contributors.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Thanks also, Elise.  Much appreciated
Allen

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 03:03 AM »
Congratulations Allen!  Why don't we see your pieces here at Splash?

Trout

Several people have asked me this question.  My answer has been, in brief, that I don't seem to have my muse anymore.  I discovered poetry, as a way to express my feelings over the loss of my parents.  For whatever reason, as my grief has subsided, I have not written anything else.

I have taken the last few days to collect my pieces, and put them into my personal forum within the "Splash Member's Personal Boards" towards the bottom of the boards.

My personal board is "Allen's Diamond Mine".  Feel free to visit and leave comments if you so wish.
Allen