Author Topic: Update  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
Update
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:52 PM »
I finished my last rotation today. Wheeeee. I'm at the end of one journey. It hasn't sunken in just yet.

:dblu

So before it sinks in, I want to leave a brief, quick update. And say thanks for your patience with me.

Here's what my life is going to be like:

Tonight: PACKING
Tomorrow: Fly back to Civilization
Friday: Final  Hep B shot
Monday: Match week begins - I find out if I have a job for the next 3/4 years.
Thursday: I find out where that job is
Friday: Sign the Contracts (yippee)
Saturday: Start moving my stuff into Storage - this involves meticulous reorganization, a whole lot of cab rides and then muscle building activities with pieces of luggage that are half my size and seem twice my weight.
Wednesday: Mad dash to finish buying the ridiculous amount of chocolates I have to get
(FINISH MOVING STUFF TO STORAGE!!!)
Saturday: Pick up all the books I ordered and stick them in safe places in my bags

April 3: get on the plane Home.
April 4: Arrive Home.

Thereafter: get pampered, spoilt and generally fat for the next two months, get my drivers license, and do a ridiculous amount of shopping

Sometime in June: Fly back to the US to start residency

I don't know about you, but right now, I love life. I love being alive.

:)
Arti.

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:29 AM »
OOOH Arti!!!   Congratulations girl!  Sooo proud of you!   Enjoy home!   A well-deserved rest for you!
Keep in touch!   We love you!
 :rose
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:49 AM »

Arti,

All the best, travel safe and have a wonderful time.

Halo  :rose
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline Mystic1

• Senior Alley Host
  • To know virtue, acquaint yourself with vice.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31 AM »

I think a toast is in order.

To the esteemed Dr. Subramanian:

May you wield the staff of Caduceus with naught but gentle hands.
May your footsteps lead to greatness and the road be ever smooth.
May the best care you take be of yourself. (The better to care for your patients.)
And last, but not least...
May we never find it necessary to meet in a professional capacity. G.

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Arti!

All of this is so overwhelming, but, so wonderful!
I can sense your excitement! May I please live vicariously through you?!?!?!  ;D
You must have an amazing sense of accomplishment..

xxooCookie
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Tomorrow is the start of Match Week, and I'm on tenterhooks to find out where I'm going to end up... Meanwhile:

Elise: Yes, well deserved. I'm Exhausted with a capital E. Thank you!

Halo: Travel dates arent here just yet, but thanks, I'll need every good wish possible to get through eighteen hours in the confines on a plane. (and maybe a dose of benadryl. or something.)

G: I hope the same things, G, the same things. LoL. I'm taking two months all to myself - well, shared with my parents, but it amounts to the same thing - a long break I've been looking forward to for a long time. But first, this week is Match Week, and I'm nervously excited.

Cookie: Of course, you can live vicariously through me. Imagine me four cups of coffee, two cups of yogurt, three bags of chips and two bags of "real fruit juice" gummy bears later - yupp. Yes, I confess, I eat when I'm stressed. I'm staying away from the chocolate because I'm trying to lose five pounds before I get home (hilarious... I just ate three bags of chips... those pounds aint goin' anywhere but deeper!)

Arti
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:23 AM »
Sweet Arti,

You are so sweet! I loved your reply.. I'm in total agreement with all that you've said...
Go ahead and eat some dark chocolate.. yummmm..

sweet girl! so happy for you!

xx Cookie
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:41 AM »
I just baked a batch of double chocolate chip - butter cookies. Not to be cannibalistic or anything, but a Cookie is comfort. I used dark chocolate, so I guess the weight loss is on hold until I get back to the US in June. Ah well, that is how it is meant to be.

'tis nice you agree with me.. :) Yes, dark chocolate is good. Its even better wrapped in a butter cookie with a glass of cold milk and a two year old to share it with. (Don't ask me what the she is doing up so late - I swear she didnt get any of my coffee.)

Arti.

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 02:18 AM »
You little sweetheart!
Arti, you've accomplished so much in these past 2 yrs. I'm so proud of you! Members come and go, but, you are more than just a member. You are a role model. You really are. Your parents must be so proud of you! If you were mine, I'd be soooo proud!

xxoo Cookie
Cookie...

witt

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 05:14 AM »
I'm so excitied! I can't wait till you tell us where you match up! I'll be keeping my eye out! Let us know as soon as you can.

Offline Soft Words

• Shoppe Keeper
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:36 PM »
I just found out I Matched :dblu: - which is to say that I have a residency spot. They won't tell me where until Thursday though, which is kind of a bummer, but thats the process. This means I have a job for the next three years at least... Yipppeeeeeeee :dblu:

And yes, I did call my parents and wake them up with the news. I think my dad cried (shhhh... I did not tell you that!), my mom and my brother are almost as ecstatic as I am. OHMIGOSHICANTBELIEVEITJ USTYETGUESSITNEEDSTOSIN KINFORAWHILE

I'm so grateful right now - among the four programs I picked, I'd love to work at any of these and live in any of these four cities... Will let you know Thursday afternoon where I'm headed to!

Cookie, thank you. I don't know about the role model part, but since my dad did shed a few tears, I know my parents are extra proud of me right now. aaaaaaaaa I'm losing words now, excuse me while I go and bawl for a little bit...

Witt, I did match - check back here on thursday, and I'll tell you where I'm going!

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Now that IS good news Arti. You've worked hard, kept your focus, and look at you now.
Doing all that and staying grounded is something to be extremely proud of.
Congratulations on your accomplishments and your well deserved time off.

We are all proud of you.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Well done Arti, I am so prowd of you.  I am sure it was worth all of the hard work, the stress, and the ups and downs.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

Offline WordFaery

• Paragon
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Arti !!

This is wonderful news!  All that hard work is paying off.  I am so proud of you!

WordFaery
"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame."      W.B. Yeats

Word Faery