Author Topic: daisyxo: Interview with an original Splasher  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Halo

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • who finds a faithful friend finds a treasure
Re: daisyxo: Interview with an original Splasher
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 09:15 AM »

Hi Daisy, nice to meet you and thank you for the interview. You have done a lot of time and places with poetry, what amazing experiences you must have amassed in those years.

Halo
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment.  ~  Ira Gassen

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Hi Rach ......... I have my mother to thank for teaching me patience with various crafts (if it isn't right, take it out -- gotta love her!).  I don't think I've mastered some of those crafts as well as she has though.  Writing just happened along, not sure where that came from --- hope to keep that "way with words" for a long time to come.  Thanks for stopping by to read a little about me in a nutshell.  It's nice to have you as a host, you know!

:rose

Hi Halo........It's very nice to meet you, too!  You know I could write a book about my travels on the internet -- but I'd have to call it fiction -- I don't think anybody would believe it all.  Yes, quite a few experiences over the years.  I wouldn't trade them for anything though (well, maybe a few of them I'd trade - but for the most part it's been great).  I appreciate you taking the time to read, thank you!

:poet
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline elise

• Alley Cat Assistant
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 03:21 AM »
This was fun daisy!   Thinking back to the old SPLASH chatroom where we all sat around sipping our lattes...
Has it been that long?   I am privileged to have known You back then and to watch as you and Sax found each other!   That was a total blast!   ~hugggs to you sis~
I felt it shelter to speak to you  ~Emily Dickinson

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55 AM »
hey elise!  Yes, it HAS been that long - hard to believe ..... and oh, goodness how we've all grown during that time.  I have to turn it back around and tell you that I feel it's me that's privileged to have known you, and so many others (some are even still around).

:wine   Cheers -- here's hoping for many many more years of sharing and friendship!

hugsssssssssss, back at ya, Sis!!!!
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Lady SunShine

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • Awaken Dreamer
    • http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/ladysunshine/Sunshine'World.html
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Sis I'm so sorry I missed this somehow
but this awesome to get to know you a little more
you we're one of the first ones I met in Splash and show me the ropes
most may not know but you also poured your heart and teas in this place
setting up Splash with Rg
you have always been such an inspiration to many of us
I still say we got to figure out a ways to have a girls night in Orlando
with all the old gang
could be a lot of fun LOL
hubby's too now that more of us have one lol
love ya Sis

PS
be courious to see what Shoes would come up with
Never Let Yesterday's Pain
Ruin Tomorrow's Dreams

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 09:07 PM »
heyyyyyyy Sunny, always happy to hear from you!  We did have a great time back then, all the poetry challenges, and writing stuff together, hosting, and poetry readings in the Splash Poets Cafe.  It's nice to know that this place has remained strong.  We must have an energizer bunny or something behind the scenes - just keeps on going and going and going ....

I'd love to make the Orlando thing happen.  A bunch of us from the old Poetry Circle met in Branson, MO back in 2001.  That trip was a blast.  We did some site seeing, took in some shows, and got together for poetry readings.  It was really nice to meet the poets (and the loved ones they brought along with them).  We could just make it a weekend thing for Orlando.  There's definitely plenty to do there!

hugsss Sis, love ya, too!

:beatnik
~ Marsha ~

Offline Sartor

• Paragon
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Daisy.......'Better late then never', I always say.  Here I am to reminisce about our years on Splash.  I have forgotten most of the names and places Splash has been, but over the years it has been a blast.  Long ago I was once called 'Sir Sun' back in the old VP Chat.  I soon changed back to my original SarTor.  I remember well the good times and the bad as we sat about typing away, posting poems and acting foolish.  Sometimes I wonder what ever happened to Bear1madge?  I can see him now, typing, "from the windswept plains of Kansas", as he started his monolog to open the show.  He was quite a guy.  He used to take us on his tours of the internet and show us strange and exotic places.  I also recall 'Minn' who was always there and Sunny of course.  I spent quite a while with you and Sax at the Poetry Retreat and wrote many poems that related to your posted picture of the month.  It was on a monthly basis, was it not?  We would all meet on a designated night and take turns posting our poetic renditions of the picture.  After each one was posted there would be a discussion period and the group would pick apart the meanings and metaphors, granting kudos and helpful comments.  Such fun it was.  When there was a great storm in Florida you would have to be gone for a while because of your work and the retreat was not the same.  Eventually you and Sax got married and I recall he used to post Norse Poetry.  I tried Splash in Second Life for a while, conducting live readings and help sessions, but it took wayy to much time so I returned to the boards on the puter.  Good to reminisce with you.  May your skies be blue and your dreams come true. 

Sartor 
Our greatest illusion is to think that others see us as we believe ourselves to be.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Hi Sartor!  I remember you as "Sir Sun" --- in fact, I think the first place I met you was at one of the Poetry Circle meetings when you were still using that name.  Minn is the one who introduced me to VP, and the Circle.  Bear1Mage was instrumental in keeping me interested in writing.  We had some great times with the Circle - and met so many people.  I'm happy to say that I still have contact with several of the originals from that group. 

I don't know if it's true, but I was told a while back that bear was very ill and is no longer with us.  I did a search and his name pops up all over the place.  I did find a post where he said he was going offline due to personal problems in his life - that was posted back in 2004.  Responses to that post were along the lines of wishing him well in his recovery.  Some of his pages have dates on them -- from his birth, until sometime in 2005.  Whether that means he went offline in 2005 - or when he may have passed, I don't know.  There is another Bear1Mage that comes up in the search.  I'm pretty sure that isn't him.  If anyone reading this has some information about Bear1Mage, please let us know.

The Poets Retreat had a new picture every 2 weeks, the same as the old Circle.  I think you missed a few due to your travelling schedule.  I loved the retreat -- and wish that I had enough time and other poets interest to keep it going now - but my life changed (in a good way!) after Saxman and I got together - and neither of us sits for very long at the computer anymore.  It's funny that you mentioned the storms here in FL --- I just got home from "storm training."  We have a dry run once a year just before hurricane season starts.  This is when we begin hoping and praying that no storms will come our way this season.  Of course we also pray that they all just go out to sea and nobody is put in harms way.

I'm glad you stopped by today.  It's always great to hear from you.  Thanks for taking the time to reminisce with me!

Stay Well !!

~ Marsha ~