Author Topic: Spring Peony  (Read 6599 times)

witt

Spring Peony
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Spring Peony

2994-0

A breath of spring is in your laugh
Sunshine is in your eyes
Your voice is like a birdsong choir
As morning breaks the skies.

Nothing can I give to you
Worthy of your power
Except the simple love I send
Tatted in this flower.

Remember you can click on the image to increase its size.

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
Re: Spring Peony
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Do I sense a hopeless romantic here? Nice words. I wish I had seen this saturday as it was my 39th anniversary. I would have 'borrowed' them for my card.

Loved it my dear Witt.
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

witt

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:23 AM »
Congratulations, MY-FRIEND! You certainly can borrow it.

Technical question. Perhaps someone can answer it. I have an HP laserjet 1012 printer. I want to print this poem on cardstock. I bought a pack of cardstock, but it doesn't say what weight it is. It says "Paper Sheets" and I got it in the scrapbooking section in Walmart. It is made by Westrim Crafts. I want to know if it will run through my printer without tearing up the printer. I went to their website to see if it told the weight, but there were 1000s of papers and I don't see it.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Witt:
this design is beautiful.

witt

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58 AM »
Thanks, Rach. I made one the other day from memory. That's a joke. What memory? It was smaller than the original. I studied on it and discovered that I had left out two rows. I immediately wrote the pattern. No more trying to remember.

Offline A-FRIEND

• Education Through History
  • Alley Host
    • n/a
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Witt, as to your question, I was talking to my guru and she told me cardstock about the thickness of a post card would be around a 30 to 35 weight, which would be too thick. She said you need to stay under 30. Now in my mechanical mind, if there's no weight on the paper, maybe you can compare it to a postcard, yes?
Stop looking at the light. Instead, look at what is being illuminated by the light.

witt

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Who the heck has a post card? I would assume that it's about the same thing. It's not REALLY all that thick. Maybe I'll get brave and give it a try.
Thanks for the answer. I'm amazed at the lack of camaraderie around this place. I've about had it with the self-absorption.

Offline Lighteraser

• Cool Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Hi Witt,
Below are few sites that may help.
Also found this:
HP1012 Printer
This is a pretty sweet little printer. It's light, with a relatively small footprint, USB connectivity and fast.
Installation was a snap on WinXP. Pop the CD in, install the drivers, plug the printer into a free USB port and let Windows do it's magic. First page out in 10 seconds, 15 ppm, manual and auto feeders and 1200 dpi. It's only a simple B/W printer (2 bit greyscale), so the print quality isn't as great as something like a 4500. But for home use, print quality looks just fine. And 15 ppm sure beats the heck out of the 2 or 3 our old BJC used to do.

Printer configuration and diagnostics are done through a web interface and web server running on your computer. It's something that can be turned off though, if you're leary of an unknown webserver running on your system.

Paper tray doesn't hold quite as much paper as I'd like, but unless you're doing a lot of printing or printing really big documents (in which case you should be using a beefier printer anyway), it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

Takes thin cardstock paper just fine (30-35# or so), but I'm not sure how much heavier it will go.
Definitely a good deal if you're tired of that pokey slow inkjet. If you do heavy duty printing, you'll probably want to go with something a little more robust though.

But I'm like you...  I would just try it and see what happens, I think at worst just a paper jam.
Also pulled this out of the printer's pdf manual from first link below... looks like it can handle it to me... Good luck.
Media types Plain paper, envelopes, transparencies, card stock, postcards, labels
Paper handling LJ1015: 150-sheet main input tray, 10-sheet priority input tray; LJ1010, LJ1012: 150-sheet main input tray, 1-sheet priority input tray

Couldn't really find much on Westrim paper stock sizes seems they vary according to the kit's available for purchase.

http://www.dps-bg.com/uploaded/2/3/lj1010-1012-1015.pdf
http://www.scrapfriends.us/articles/printing_on_cardstock.html
http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Computer_Center/Printing/305.php
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12872

Hah... Self absorbtion, yeah...
I would have never found this post if I wasn't looking for a place to maybe purchase "Take Flight"...

"Every writer is a narcissist. This does not mean that he is vain; it only means that he is hopelessly self-absorbed.” - Leo Rosten

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43 PM »
From the sounds of it, I think you will be OK to give it a try with one piece.  The worst that can happen is it will jam.  Please tell us what happens.

Oh, and of course, I love the Tatt and the poem.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

witt

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58 AM »
Amen, Lighteraser. I'll get you the info on how to get a copy of Take Flight.

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a try. Now, when I do, I hope that someone will tell me how to fix a paper jam if need be.

Offline Rach

• Paragon
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:42 PM »
hey, witt.  if it gets stuck, just grab on and pull, very carefully, of course.  If it gets hung all the way in, just open that baby up and do some surgery.  Just make sure it unplug it first, or, it might not be good!  :)

witt

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 07:03 AM »
Thanks, Rach. I still haven't had the guts to try it yet.

Offline Inspired8

• Top Cat
    • http://groups.google.com/group/dark-corners
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 02:56 AM »
 :coffee :dblu nice poem too!

witt

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Thanks loads, I8!

I did figure out that all I have to do is tell my printer to print on cardstock. Geeze! Why didn't I think of that? Simple!