Author Topic: a rose has no teeth meets the sounds of big thaw  (Read 5709 times)

Offline cy street

• Paragon
  • the sound you hear is life moving through me
    • another dam same river
Re: a rose has no teeth meets the sounds of big thaw
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 10:22 PM »
ladies of this thread, thank you for the sweet vibes and well wishes.  they came in handy. 

regretfully, i left one of my computers logged in to splashhall in venice.  i think this kept me from logging on in houston.  i was going to post during the show but was unable.  oh well.

the show was a success and well received.  there were hundreds in attendance and we performed in richmond hall, a former grocery store from the thirties converted to house the flavin neon sculpture seen in the attached photo.

because nauman is so shy and hardly appears in public, there were several museum directors from multiple cities in the crowd.  consequently, we were introduced to several high profile potential clients for the firm, toronto, new york, washington d.c. and the like.

we played for four hours and will condense the show to audio and video files soon.  we hope to launch our website concurrently to finishing these and will have goods and services available to the public subsequently.

one highlight of the trip came the night before the show.  we attended a local poetry reading at a coffee/art bar.  there were several quality readers, spoken worders and one little five year old named justin.  he free styled a spoken piece about batman and his bat mobile.  this took the house down.

thanks again ladies,
and thank you mister allen for your support,

cy street

2719-0

now was always better than then

Offline WordFaery

• Paragon
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Awesome Cy !!!
Simply awesome.

WordFaery
"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame."      W.B. Yeats

Word Faery

Offline Allen

• Paragon
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 03:14 AM »
street ~ what a resoundingly positive report.  it sounds as though things really went well for you as you understand well.  i am absolutely ecstatic for you and can't wait to hear of the positive future developments that you describe and envision and those that you have not.
Allen

An action promulgated out of desperation will inevitably end in tragedy; for as its anagram so aptly foretells:  A rope ends it. �

witt

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Thanks for the report. I'm so glad that things went well.
And the children shall lead us.