Author Topic: anonymous  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Fatima A

• Alley Cat
anonymous
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:51 PM »
How can somebody who knows he is sick not take the only time left to enjoy life . How about you ? How would "you "react ?  If you were going to die very young, would you cherish your final days or would you only be asking yourself "why me " ? If you ask me i wouldn't take it too lightly, but i wouldn't obssess about it though . i mean we are "all" going to die sooner or later anyway right ?  Don't think about death . Just don't let it get to you . You are not going to get anything out of it ... if anything you will attract your own death more ! Besides some people survive even after their " supposed time " is up . Don't let the simple fear of death kill you . Especially in these trying times you should for the moment . i mean  do you really want to remember your " final days " alone & depressed ? please i will take any comments . Bye.   

Offline Rach

• Paragon
Re: anonymous
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Welcome to Splash, Fatima.  This a powerful write.  It really makes one think about their priorities.  I hope you enjoy your tour around the halls here.  We love to get in the pool and Splash.  Glad you could join us.  Hope to see you often for a dip.   :kool

Offline Lady SunShine

• Senior Alley Hostess
  • Awaken Dreamer
    • http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/ladysunshine/Sunshine'World.html
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:49 PM »
I have to agree what a strong subject you present here

jump into life live it out the best way you can, don't close the door and wait for death to ring the doorbell
life is short we all know that
so I'd say

"Run to the top of the rainbow, slide down the other side and laugh at all the clouds you pass through!!!"

:comfort                :comfort                          :comfort
Never Let Yesterday's Pain
Ruin Tomorrow's Dreams

Offline Bill

• Paragon
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Fatima,

Obviously, you care about this individual.  I applaud your fiery desire to get him to embrace whatever time he might have left, daring the accuracy of the prognosis.  On the other hand, I sympathize with his situation.  Oftentimes, clinical depression is a side effect of dealing with what doctors describe as a terminal illness.  It is a normal reaction to mourn the loss of concrete opportunity when the only option is an abstract afterlife. It is easy for those of us who have no such deadline, pun intended, on their minds and who do not know the individual in question to hand out pithy advice that charges our batteries.  That's why I'd rather talk with that person one on one, than deal with it here as an exercise in philosophy.  That opportunity being unavailable to me, and this being a Poetry and Art forum, here is some  poetic advice for your friend. Yes, it deals with a son challenging his father to rage against death, but it is sound advice for anyone at any age.   Many here probably have read this one.  Perhaps you can share it with him.  My prayers will accompany the task you have taken on.

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT  by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

witt

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Thank you, Bill, for posting this poem.
I hope that it helps, Fatima.

Offline saba sadr

• Cool Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 06:59 AM »
hey, Fatima! I'm glad you finally put something in Splashhall, and I'm sure you have a lot more to place in here. There should be nothing that holds you back. You communicate your thoughts very well (in other words, you're a great writer) so don't be afraid!

P.S. I think the Daily Jive forum, this one, is the right place for you to place your writings.