Author Topic: Dryad: Of Myth, Whimsy and Poesy  (Read 7860 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Paragon
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
Dryad: Of Myth, Whimsy and Poesy
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:27 PM »
[float=left]2533-0[/float]Dear Splashers, meet Stef Rozitis aka DryadKunas Dels (Son of a Bitch)Soft Words: What brought you to SplashHall?
Dryad: The place I was normally hanging out with closed and a couple of friends from there recommended Splashhall. Since then my old haunt has resurrected but I like Splashhall so I don't intend to leave.

Soft Words: What keeps you here?
Dryad:Soft Words: Any favorite forum(s) and/or Splashers?
Dryad: I am scared to mention favourite splashers in case I miss someone. There's a fair bit of talent there that goes with good writing. While I like and play in many of the forums I find it refreshing to have an uncensored erotic forum (although I have managed already to offend one person). I couldn't just stick to one anyway.

Soft Words: I'm a lover of faeries and little people with wings, and I think dryads are one of the most beautiful creatures to inhabit imagination. What does this Dryad think?
Dryad: I definitely enjoy fantasy creatures. I'm a big kid that way. I always wanted to be a mermaid or a faerie and then when I found dryads I kind of stopped there. Trees are so magnificent and important to life. It's my greenie streak showing. I visualise a real dryad as being beautiful in a big, full-bodied way. Mother-goddess energy rather than Maiden and that fits me.

Soft Words: What inspired you to start writing?
Dryad: I wrote a poem when I was 8. I think my Dad must have inspired me. He certainly seemed very proud. My parents had always read to us - Latvian poetry, fairy tales, the bible and children's novels. every night Dad read to us for over an hour. My dad was a poet and his brother and father were even published novelists. I never really had a choice (lol).
Teachers at school too. In creative writing they said they always marked mine last so they could stop and enjoy it. They made me feel really talented.

Soft Words: Name me three things that inspire the poetess in you.
Dryad: God, family/love and nature. I dont think I write about anything else.

Soft Words: Could you please name some of your all-time favorite pieces of poetry?
Dryad: Marina by TS Eliot
Shakespeare's sonnets and Hamlet's soliloquies.
Stars by Emily Bronte.
Those are the ones I reread more often than any other, but there are so many good ones out there. Who wrote the Lady of Shallot? That one is an enjoyable read too.

Soft Words: Do you dream of publishing your own collection of poetry someday?
Dryad: Yes. Yes. Yes!!!!!! Actually I am working on it. My friend offered to pay the costs and I have put the poems together. He's looking into publishing for me.

Soft Words: Any suggestions you might have for Rg to improve on your Splashing experience?
Dryad: So far so good actually. No there is one thing. We need a word for the day more often (like daily). I like them.

Soft Words: Anything special you'd like to say to everyone here?
Dryad: Thanks to everyone for feedbacking my work and for posting such readable stuff that I have managed to get my posts up so quickly!! Many of you have:

words that touch and probe
into the heart, seduce the senses,
free the mind to fly with you
and then return
refreshed.
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline A_Mourning_Glory

• LOOK AT THE STARS...LOOK HOW THEY SHINE FOR YOU (Coldplay)
  • Paragon
  • Chandelier Dazzler
Re: Dryad: Of Myth, Whimsy and Poesy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Dryad ~

Hey there!  What a splashing interview!  It is so nice to meet the poet and the person. 
I already find myself looking for your postings so it's good to hear that you plan to stay and there will be lots more.  I've enjoyed the "palling around" and I'm looking forward to more fun stuff in the future.

I like the snake who came along for the interview.   Dare anyone mess with you!  Not me! lol

CYA 'Round!

AMG (Cherri)  :kool
"I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine."
....Spike Milligan (1918-2002)...

witt

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:14 AM »
First squirrels, now snakes! What's a Witt supposed to do?  BLAM!

We certainly have enjoyed you here at Splash, and we hope that you will continue to regale us with your expertise.

Offline Artemis

• Never Again
  • Paragon
  • you are the hunted
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:35 PM »
hey dryad!
nice to see your face, glad your here :rose
“Verse is not written, it is bled; Out of the poet's abstract head. Words drip the poem on the page; Out of his grief, delight and rage.”-paul engle-

Offline Dryad

• Ornamental
  • Willows
  • Go on, go on, leave me breathless (the Corrs)
    • Under the Impression
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:38 AM »
Hey a mourning glory. Yeah we've had some good discussions already!

Oh witt! You got your shotgun out again.  :tongue

Hey Artemis, good to see you too.
slight imperfections in my personality are NOT to be considered flaws but show that i am handmade and of the highest quality.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Dryad, welcome to the halls of splash, great to meet you ... some interesting stuff you've posted so far, looking forward to reading more.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Stef

I always admire a lady with a sexy scarf (as in the picture above). We are so glad to get to see and read of the real you.

Ahh yes .. a word of the day ..hhmmmm How about..

Leadership

If you ever need any help or have some suggestions, please dont hesitate to toss them to me.

:rose

Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline Dryad

• Ornamental
  • Willows
    • Under the Impression
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Daisy and Rg. And as for bugging you when I need help - will do
slight imperfections in my personality are NOT to be considered flaws but show that i am handmade and of the highest quality.

Offline SilverFlame

• Willows
  • SilverFlame
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 02:44 PM »
nice to meet you, dryad :) I've been away for a while, so I've missed what you've put up, but intend to rectify that in the near future. As for the Lady of Shalott, it's by Alfred Tennyson :)

just wondering, where was the photo taken? I carried a python once, too. Sadly, it decided to urinate on me. To compound my embarassment, it was at a friend's birthday party so many people I knew saw it happen. Oh well.
SilverFlame

Offline Dryad

• Ornamental
  • Willows
    • Under the Impression
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:00 PM »
This is at Bredl's wildlife park in Renmark. It's the one photo I have where I look comparatively relaxed and unselfconscious (I wasn't thinking I was getting my photo taken)

Anyway it's nice to meet you silver flame and now you mention Tennyson I'm thinking - I knew that! But I didn't remember it that day :tongue

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Stef,

So very good to have you here! I am so glad that you found your way to Splash. You are an amazing talent. Welcome! :cheekiss

~Cookie
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline Dryad

• Ornamental
  • Willows
    • Under the Impression
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Thanks Cookie, good to meet you too

pendragon

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 05:23 AM »
Nice snake, and a good poet too  :poet

Offline Dryad

• Ornamental
  • Willows
    • Under the Impression
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 06:12 AM »
You leave my snake alone! Lol thanks pendragon