Author Topic: Railroad Man: Gaerllwyd  (Read 11433 times)

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
Re: Railroad Man: Gaerllwyd
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Hi Dana

As with the others here, it is truly a pleasure to meet you and get to know you a little more. I hope to get to know you even more as the days here at SplashHall Poetry journey on. You certainly are a colorful gentleman. "He is a man of many hats - former soldier, teacher, journalist, railroad conductor, poet." and an assest here at Splash.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your poetic experience here. Also check out our radio BZoO HomeGrown Radio, perhaps you have some spoken word you could share or maybe your own radio show may be another hat in your future and our New Splash VooDoo Chat, where SplashPoets meet to read poetry and socialize ..would like to see you there.

Please give me a holla

Rg   :wine
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline GaerLlwyd

• Willows
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 08:13 AM »
Saxman:

I got the guilts and went looking for the saxman for Duane Eddy and found not one, but three!

Eddy's band was The Rebels, and two were acknowledged has his saxophone players:

He had some excellent session musicians in his backup band, the Rebels, including Larry Knechtel on piano and Jim Horn and Steve Douglas on sax.

However, Gil Bernat is acknowledged as the tenorman who blew the excellent sounds on Eddy's break-in hit, Rebel Rouser.

In the process, I also discovered the technique used to get that sound he used, the flutter-tongue.  Put flutter-tongue together with twangy guitar and whatta hit!

Of course, saxmen don't come along for the ride in credits, do they?  Everybody thinks that on Bill Doggett's Honky Tonk Parts 1 & 2, that Doggett is on sax.  He's on the B-3.  Clifford Scott is the man on the reeds.

OK, I think that's enough saxophone for a poetry room

You got to put down the ducky . . .

Gaer

Offline SilverFlame

• Willows
  • SilverFlame
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Loved the interview,
and I'm looking forward to seeing
your works around Splash ~

have a fab day :)
SilverFlame

Offline GaerLlwyd

• Willows
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 05:41 PM »
SunShine:

Dr. Arti's interview is wonderful, isn't it.  She makes me look better than I could hope.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Gaer

Offline champagne_shoes

• Paragon
  • Subterranean Hotel Resident
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 11:57 AM »
HiYa Conductor,

I missed that other train you were on. It seems I had just hopped off. I'm pleased to be riding with you this time around. Your prose is delicious; I look forward to tasting your poetry.
"A community of poets is like a community of cats." joey

Offline GaerLlwyd

• Willows
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27 PM »
Shoes:

Look who took my old interview back to the top of the list.  Come on down to Hyannis on old Cape Cod and catch a ride with your Mr. Conductor on the Cape Cod Central.  Finally put a bunch of my RR poems into a chapbook called "MAIN TRACK" now for sale in the railroad's depot.  Lots going on on the Cape Main Track.

Gaer