Author Topic: Artemis on a Wild Wood Birch  (Read 15269 times)

Offline Soft Words

• Paragon
  • Soft words falling... gently... fading away into time
    • The Guinea Pig Poet
Artemis on a Wild Wood Birch
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:24 AM »
[float=left]1843-0[/float]Ladies and Gentlemen, this week we get a glimpse into divinity. Meet Artemis, a. k. a Jillian Pyke, our Greek Goddess of the wilderness and hunt. And what a return it has been, laced with choice words and succulent images. I invited her to dance with me on the slender fingertips of young birches, and I must say she is a graceful, wonderful dancer. Her insight is wonderful, practical.

Soft Words: What steed brought you to SplashHall?
Artemis: My beautiful and talented twin sis, Splashers know her as mistressof solace.

Soft Words: What keeps you here?
Artemis: Honest crits and my hunger to become a writer

Soft Words: Which are your favorite forum(s)?
Artemis: I am in love with the axe!!! and zen poetry has found its way into my heart

Soft Words: Who are your favorite Splashers?
Artemis: Everyone here has something to offer, I dont want to play favorites but eh what the hell lol witt, lucyluu, seraph, Rg, nixon, softwords, nightsongs and sampo because they read me regularly with honest feedback and are very talented. I would like to say that sampo writes with a style that gets through to me, he is my orange on an apple tree.

Soft Words: Has your writing improved/changed since your myriad Ax-periences?
Artemis: Ha no! jk I can say that since the sharp edge of the Ax I have started going back and polishing much more

Soft Words: Favorite authors/poets (outside Splash)?
Artemis: I have so many, I stand in awe of Plath and Dickinson. I also enjoy Lord Byron, Anne Sexton, Frost, Virginia Hamilton Adair, and Philip Larkin(amazing guy, if you have never read him do so)

Soft Words: We agreed to dance on the slender fingertips of young birches. What music will you get?
Artemis: Tchaikovosky or Chopin. Other than that it would be heavy stuff and fingertips would get broken

Soft Words: Speaking of music, do you write to the beat of any music? Or are you the kind of poet who needs peace, quiet and clean tables?
Artemis: Peace and  quiet can be productive but recently I have been writing with symphonies calling lightly.

Soft Words: Artemis was the Greek Goddess of the wilderness. Are you a nature person, or are you equally happy in a concrete jungle?
Artemis: Nature girl with a slightly crunchy edge. I would also like to point out that my dear sweet Diana had many faces including the hunt, the moon and fertility. As far as concrete jungles go they are unnatural and vulgar, the perfect place to learn hard lessons.

Soft Words: What is the most important lesson you've learnt so far?
Artemis: Potty training was a good one lol jk on a serious note I will make a long story and lesson short and say through illness, pain and the undying light of love I have learned that nothing matters-- what I mean is this; life, this earth is just a tiny blink of what really is, the only constant thing that exists is the light that is a part of us all., so absorb the lessons and free yourself of the minds babble and let the light live, we are one. in this realization I have, exist a thousand lessons that have brought me up to a new level of self.

Soft Words: What are your poetic ambitions like?
Artemis:To be worthy of the name poet, and to one day create work that rips the reader through my soul.(not to much to ask eh?)

Soft Words: Any suggestions you might have for Rg to improve on your Splashing experience?
Artemis: My dear Rg life is good here, you have done well for us all.

Soft Words: Anything special you'd like to say to everyone here?
Artemis: Thank you for being compassionate, creative and honest! never stop exploring the art of being human. Hugs.
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline WordFaery

• Paragon
Re: Artemis on a Wild Wood Birch
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 02:06 PM »
It's good to meet you Jillian, another traveler on the poetic road.   :rose
"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame."      W.B. Yeats

Word Faery

Offline Artemis

• Never Again
  • Paragon
  • you are the hunted
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 02:14 PM »
yay ! soft words you are fantastic :dblu  i just want to say its been a couple weeks and my list of fav splashers is longer it includes alek, dublinsteve,saxman, word feary,seabourne,Merlin,allura d you guys rock! of course i love everyone on here and i hope im not leaving anyone out :cheekiss

lots o love
artemis :hearts
“Verse is not written, it is bled; Out of the poet's abstract head. Words drip the poem on the page; Out of his grief, delight and rage.”-paul engle-

Offline nixon

• Willows
  • Dandelion, just another name for a weed.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Jillian,

I enjoyed the interview very much and it is good to meet you.  It is always nice to put a face with the words.  I believe you are already worthy of the title poet.  I enjoy your work very much, and I look forward to reading more of it.   See you in Zen....

:) brenda
In loving Memory
Justin Michael Owen
1987-2004
Only the good die young

Offline Voodoo Child

• Temple Dancer
  • Paragon
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 10:31 PM »
So very good to learn more about you, Jillian! :sunny
You are a talent and I do enjoy reading your work!
I hope your stay is long and that we may become friends!

-Cookie
Cookie...

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon

Offline dublinsteve

• Paragon
    • http://thedisgruntledwriter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Jillian, are you sure you are not mistress of solace in disguise? Thank you for gracing our days with your work.  :beatnik

Offline xanadu_poet

• Top Cat
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Good to read about you, Jillian

:hearts

Christian xoxo

witt

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Twins, hunh? How about that. Two poets in one family. How wonderful. We are so glad that you came and even more happy that you stayed.

Offline Kay

• Serene
  • Paragon
    • poetry
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Jillian

It's nice to "meet" you virtually speaking, that is.
You are a very lovely lady.

:hearts

Offline the beholder

• illusion is its own form of truth
  • Paragon
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:21 AM »
hello there,welcome to splashhall  looking forward to more of your work
sincerly the beholder
It's a long dark terrifying ride out of hell;but only a short fall from grace into it

Offline Wordweaver

• Paragon
  • RM
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Hello Jillian,  You have a pleasant happy face for such a good poet, I enjoy your work very much.   ;D
Weave
a good poet is like a bride
Something old, something new, something borrowed
but mostly you.

Offline daisyxo

• Alley Manager
  • Alley Manager
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Nice to meet you Artemis.  In your interview you mentioned that one of your desires is to ... "be worthy of the name poet" -- well, I believe you've already achieved that.  Looking forward to reading more.
~ Marsha ~

"Abilities wither under faultfinding, blossom with encouragement." -- Donald A. Laird

Offline Bittersweet

• Paragon
  • Live. Love. Write.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Hi Artemis,
It's a pleasure to "meet you."  I didn't realize Mistress had a twin sister, that is so cool.  Welcome to Splashhall

Offline LucyLuu

• ~Poetry in Motion~
  • Paragon
  • ~Never Give Up On Your Dreams~
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Hi My most Fav. Poet Jillian..   :sunny

I didn't realize you were a twin!.. I knew you had a sister here, but I don't think I've read her work.. I'll have to do some lurking about.. ehehe

Wonderful interview and so nice to know more about you.. Love.. Love.. Love your work!   :hearts

One of your Biggest Fans.. ehehe  Have a great Day!  and hey... potty training is a Big Deal!   :dblu

Lucy
Love like you've never been hurt and Dance like nobody's watching!

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank