Author Topic: WordFaery Poetry Reading  (Read 2494 times)

Offline cafeRg

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • Alley Manager
  • tap this
    • BZoO Radio WorldWide
Re: WordFaery Poetry Reading
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 12:29 PM »
You RoCK Marge!!  :rose  :wine

Tell us about it, please? Any pictures?

:blusmoke snap snap
Disclaimer: cafeRg could be wrong.

Offline WordFaery

• Paragon
Re: WordFaery Poetry Reading
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 03:52 AM »
Pics?   Shoot.  Never thought of that.

There was a pretty good turn out considering there was a Sabres (hockey) playoff game on television at the same time.

There were several open mic readers before I did my set.  I had 20 minutes to fill and, as you know, I tend not to write anything lengthy.  If you go back through the Ax, you'll find a good deal of the material I selected to read.

The guest co-host, a Prof at Erie Community College, read the bio I'd written and then added that she had been telling her class how creative I am.  (blush)

I've been attending that Reading Series for several years now so it has become a comfortable venue for me. I'd been featured there once before.  But what a difference a year makes!  The energy was really good and there was a nice mix of folks age-wise.

I just got up there, plugged myself into the vibe  and spoke the words.  I didn't select work with a specific theme, I just went for different moods.  And it all worked.

And I've been on this massive high ever since. 

Poetry is an oral tradition.  If you don't read your work in public, find a local group and get up to the mic and do it. It's only difficult the first time. But you will learn so much!

"Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame."      W.B. Yeats

Word Faery